Chapter 34: You were sadly mistaken

This one does not follow an episode

Alexis rolls onto her stomach, resting her chin in the palm of her hand. "I thought being wanted by literally everyone in America would be more fun than this."

"Me too, sweetheart." Dean agrees from across the room where he sat.

"Maybe we could just go get beer. Just a quick trip."

"Lex--"

"Yeah, yeah. I know. But, come on, please."

"Darlin', what if you get recognized?"

"I won't." Alexis stands up, grabbing her jacket and walking toward the door. She sets her hand on the doorknob, she pulls open the door but it slams shut. Alexis turns around, coming face to face with Dean. He had his hands pressed to the door beside her head.

"Sorry, sweetheart, but you can't leave." He tells her.

"Too bad. I am." Alexis looks up at him. "Look, it'll be fine. Mae's in town. She called earlier and said that her aunt lived here and she was visiting. So I'm just gonna go see her. Promise."

"Lexi, what if you get caught. Then what am I supposed to do? You'll be in prison for the rest if your life."

"I won't get caught." Alexis gives him a smile, lightly pressing her lips to his.

Dean sighs. "Fine. Be careful."

"I always am."

"Sure you are." Dean leans down, his lips meeting hers. Alexis smiles into the kiss before pulling away.

"I'll be back." Alexis pats Dean on the chest before walking out the door. Dean sighs, he had a weird feeling about this.

~~~

Alexis was walking down the street, which probably wasn't the best idea. The sun was setting casting an orange-ish glow on everything.

Everything seemed quiet. Almost too quiet. Alexis couldn't ignore the warning bells going off in her head and the bad feeling that settled in her gut.

She shoves her hands in her pockets and continues down the sidewalk.

"Alexis? Is that you?" A voice calls out from behind her. Alexis stops walking, panic filling her. She turns around. A green eyed, blonde haired man was walking toward her. He did look familiar.

A heavy feeling washed over her, like a dark cloud above her. Thunder like warning bells rang through her head.

"Depends. Who are you?" Alexis discretely reaches for the knife in the waistband of her jeans.

"It's me. Robert. We met at a diner a while ago. I asked you out and you were leaving. Waiting on friends or something." He offers her a smile.

Alexis couldn't shake the weird feeling. "Oh, yeah. Robert. Sorry about that." She chuckles nervously.

"Oh, it's fine. Maybe since we're both in town we could go on that date."

"Oh, uh," Alexis laughs nervously. "actually, I have a boyfriend now. A recent development." How the hell does he not know I'm wanted for murder, she thought. "And I don't think he'd appreciate that very much."