Chapter 46: Have fun

Heart 1

"This lawyer guy this first heart free corpse in town?" Dean asks while he cleans his gun.

"First man. Over the past year, several woman have gone missing." Sam explains as he grabs a beer from the fridge then grabs a chair, setting it beside the bed before sitting down.

"At least we're all in danger now." Alexis shrugs.

"Their bodies all washed up later in the bay," Sam continues. "too deteriorated to draw a firm conclusion."

"But no hearts?" Dean asks.

"No hearts. All hookers working at Hunter's Point. Cops are trying to keep things under wraps. They're looking for a serial killer."

"And the lunar cycle?"

"Mm-hm. Yeah, all the murders happened in the week leading up to the full moon."

"That's good. I love hunting werewolves." Alexis takes off her glasses, setting them on the bedside table. "And this week is right before the full moon, right?"

"Hence the lawyer." Sam nods.

"Awesome." Dean smiles.

"Dean, could you be a bigger geek about this?"

"No, he couldn't." Alexis shakes her head. He's cute though, she thought. So its okay.

"I'm sorry, man, but what about a human by day a freak animal killing machine by moonlight don't you understand? I mean, werewolves are badass. We haven't seen one since we were kids."

"Okay, sparky, and you know what? After we kill it, we can go to Disneyland."

Alexis scoffs.

"Know what the best part is?" Dean asks. "We already know how to bring the suckers down." He holds up a silver bullet. "One of these bad boys right to the heart. What's our next move?"

"Talk to the girl who found the body."

Alexis sighs. "Alright, lets go."

~~~

"I don't understand. I already gave my statement." Madison leads the hunters into her house.

"Right. Well, we just want to verify a few things." Sam explains.

"This is my neighbor, Glen. Glen, this is detective--" Madison turns to look at the hunters.

"Landis. And detective Dante and Smith." Dean fills in, patting Sams back.

"Well, guess I'll leave you to it." Glen heads for the door.

"Thanks for the casserole." Madison calls out.

"Mm-hm."

"Oh, how thoughtful." Dean says. Alexis nudges his side.

"Just call if you need anything." Glen tells Madison.

"He's sweet. He came over to check on me. Have--have a seat."

The four of them each take a seat at the table. "You must be pretty shaken up." Sam starts. "You were Nate Mulligans assistant, right?"