Chapter 16: I think he does

The usual suspects 2

Now

Alexis sat in the tiny interrogation room, glancing around. She was trying to figure out what the hell Dana Shulps meant. Or who the hell it could be. Tapping her fingers against her thigh, she realizes.

"I don't think its a name." She mutters to herself. "A anagram."

She continues muttering to herself until a knock on the door grabs her attention. The door opens. "Ms. Hart?"

"The one and only." She smiles.

"I'm Jeff Krause. I'm with the public defenders office." He closes the door and sits down across from her. "I'm your lawyer."

"Yay, I'm saved." She leans against the table.

He looks at her for a second.

"What?" She asks.

"Uh, nothing, just Mr. Winchester said the same thing. Well, almost."

Alexis laughs. "So you've talked to Dean?"

"Yes."

"Can I have a pen. Some paper would be nice too." Alexis taps her foot against the floor.

"Um, sure." Jeff slides her a pen and a piece of paper.

Alexis grabs the pen and starts trying to figure out what Dana Shulps could actually means. She writes down Dana Shulps and then other variations of it.

"Alright, so like I told Mr. Winchester, the police haven't found the weapon. That's a good thing. But, uh, they got both prints from you and Mr. Winchester and, literally, blood on his hands. And the both you of you have a....impressive police record. Ms. Hart? Are you listening?"

"Totally." She mutters absentmindedly.

"Do you think its a anagram too?"

Alexis looks up at him. "Dean figured it out? Great. We're on the same page. I take it he explained what an anagram is. Y'know, same letters, different words. Yada, yada, yada."

"I assume you want to know if any of it means anything as well."

"Yeah, that'd be nice." Alexis slides the paper over to him.

"I don't think you understand how serious these charges against you are."

Alexis sighs. "Alright, listen, Jeff, was it? Yeah, okay. Listen, Jeff, I know. I'm currently handcuffed to a table listening to you talk about how its a good thing no one's found the murder weapon. I get it."

"Like I told Mr. Winchester, Ashland is a street name. Its not far from here."

"A street? Got it." Alexis goes back to writing something down.

"I'd like to start with where you and Mr. Winchester were the night Anthony Giles died."

"Can you take this to Dean and this one to Sam?" Alexis hands him two separate pieces of paper. "And," Alexis laughs. "I'm sure you don't wanna know where me and Dean were. Trust me. I can also promise you it wasn't murdering Anthony Giles."

"Ms. Hart, you could be facing the death penalty here. Could you take this more seriously?"

"Thanks for the newsflash. So, can you take these to them?"

"Mr. Winchester actually wanted me to give you this." Jeff hands Alexis a piece of paper and he takes the others.

~~~

"So, your boyfriend decided to confess." Pete Sheridan, the officer that gave Alexis a weird feeling, walks in. "Decided it would be funny to start telling us it was a ghost that killed everyone."