Chapter Thirty Three: Nandini

Start from the beginning

Manik besides me let's out a laugh "Cabir I got to agree with this one"

"And I'm not fucking surprised" Cabir mocks.

I roll my eyes "it's okay Cabir we won't tell anyone"

"Nandini don't make me become the angry capo again" he looks at me with his angry eyes, the few months ago Nandini would've been scared but I'm not anymore—actually a little I am.

Manik's phone starts ringing as he takes it out of his pocket but before he leaves to pick it up he glances at cabir "stop scaring her" he says and leaves to attend the call.

Cabir looks at me after manik leaves "Detective Nandini, if you are so smart why haven't you figured out what's going on with manik"

I look at him confused what's going on with manik? What is he talking about?

"What do you mean?" I ask him

"Can you not see he's in love with you" I was taken back by cabirs words, a little smile crept up on my face but then something made me realise that maybe that couldn't be true.

"I-I don't think that's uhm true" I shake it off

"Really? And here I thought you were getting smarter"

"If that was the case he would've told me right?" I ask Cabir

"I know my brother too well, there's something that must be in his mind which is stopping him. If you can figure out what that is then you may find your answers" Cabir comes closer to me and grabs one of the plates.

"Cabir is right" we hear Dhruv's voice from a distance

"What are you doing here?" Cabir asks "and why are you listening to our conversation?"

"Relax I just came to get water and heard you guys talk, but I totally agree with Cabir you have to figure out what the problem is"

"How do I find that out?" I ask them both

"Ask him or make him say it to you, it's so simple" Cabir tells me, he's saying as if this is all easy I'm just waiting for the day he falls in love then he will understand how easy this is.

"It's not as simple as it seems"

"I got an idea, I'll fake kidnap you and make manik realise how much he loves and misses you" Dhruv suggests, me and Cabir both glare at him.

"Shut the fuck up dhruv, I swear to god if you ever pull anything like that I'll kick your ass. That's stupid okay, manik will kill you if he finds out that you tried to fake kidnap Nandini" Cabir tells him off "Nandini you're smarter than Dhruv, I'm sure you can figure this out and don't think of anything stupid"

I didn't know what to say and Cabir understood that so he diverted the topic.

"Anyways let's go, navya must be wait—" he pauses and then looks at me and Dhruv as we purse our lips together from laughing.

"Do not fucking say anything, I'm just a nice host" he says as I roll my eyes.

"Yeah yeah, maybe next we will have to get a confession out of you" Dhruv says