Chapter 55: The sky

Start from the beginning

Alexis playfully rolls her eyes, walking off down the hall. She wandered around for some time before she heard something clatter to the ground. She spun around, knife held put in front of her.

She sighs, hesitantly turning back around and walking into another room. She looked around for a second before heading back toward the door. Alexis gasps when a hand grabs her throat, pushing het against the wall.

The Djin held his tattooed hand up, a blue flame enveloping it. She struggled against him as he set his hand on her forehead.

The world went dark.

~~~

Alexis' eyes shot open as she jumped awake, her breathing heavy. She looked around frantically, not recognizing the room she was in. It was dark, a small strip if moonlight leaking through the curtains. She leaned over, turning on the lamp.

She took a deep breath, glancing to her other side. Dean lay sound asleep beside her.

What the hell happened, she thought. She reached over, gently poking Deans bare back. Its...real?

Alexis stood up, and got dressed before wandering out of the bedroom. She flicks on the light, the living room instantly brightening.

"Where the hell am I?" Alexis whispers to herself. Alexis walked toward the kitchen. On the way she had stopped when noticing a picture sitting on a self. She picked it up.

It was of her and Dean, which was normal, but the odd part was she was in a wedding gown and he was in a tux. "I'm married? Since when?"

She shook her head, moving toward the kitchen. On the counter sat a pile of mail. She picked it up. "And I live in Lawrence, apparently. What the hell is happening?"

"Darlin'?" Alexis spun around at the sound of Deans voice.

"Oh, thank God. You're awake. Do you know what happened? Or where we are?" Alexis asks.

"What are you talking about, Lexi?" Dean asks, moving toward her. "Are you alright?"

"Uh, yeah, I guess. Just, uh, couldn't sleep."

"Mm. Well, come back to bed. I'm sure we can think of something to help you sleep." Dean grabbed her hand, lifting it up to press his lips to it. That's when she noticed the wedding ring on her finger. When she looked back up at Dean, her eye caught the singular gold chain hanging around his neck instead of the amulet Sam had given him one Christmas.

"Yeah," Alexis nods. "I'll be right there. Just one minute."

Dean nods, giving her hand a squeeze before heading back to the bedroom.

"He's lost his damn mind, hasn't he?" Alexis mutters to herself as she grabs the phone. She goes through her contacts until she finds Vivian. "Come on, pick up."

"Why the fuck are you calling at 3 in the morning?" Vivian groans.

"Vivian, somethings wrong. I don't know where I am or what s going on. Deans acting strange and I don't know what to do."

"Did he cheat on you? I always told you he would, but you were like 'no, I have to marry him. He's so amazing' I told you."

"What, no. Vivian, me and Dean were attacked by Djin--"

"Oh, great. Now you're both drinking."

"No. Djin. Scary monster creature things. We were hunting it and then I woke up here."

"Go to bed, Alex. I'll call you tomorrow." And with that Vivian hung up.

"What a bitch." Alexis sighs. "Maybe this is a dream. Yeah, I'm dreaming." She walks back to the bedroom, stripping down to just a t-shirt and climbing into bed.