Make up your Mind

We're nearing the end so please leave a comment for me:* also, thank you for over 210K reads, you're amazing

°°°

Jungkook's ever first conversation with Kim Seokjin was awkward as hell. The Joker hadn't been keen in talking to the new recruit, but Namjoon had insisted on them having a talk. Mainly because Namjoon wanted the Joker to realize that it had been Seokjin to save Taehyung from getting assaulted.

The Joker's Darling boy, wide-eyed and teary, had flinched away from every touch except Jungkook's. Taehyung had been curled into himself, rocking back and forth while Seokjin carefully draped a blanket over him, quickly stepping away as he saw the Joker approaching them, hands dripping in blood.

When Jungkook had tried to engulf Taehyung, the male flinched away with a soft whine before looking down to the dark-haired's hands with a frown. "Don't touch me with his blood, I don't wanna catch STDs", Taehyung had said in a tiny voice, the Joker grumbling beneath his breath before complying, angrily stalking out of the room and yelling for Namjoon to get him their doctor and bring Minjae down to the fun house.

Unfortunately for Seokjin, the Joker had sneered into his direction to follow him so the other rushed after the seething man, a man in a white coat passing them as the Joker stalked towards his office.

He approached the many bottles of liquor, pouring himself a drink as Seokjin stood awkwardly in the door and fiddled with his fingers.

"You saved him." Seokjin actually squeaked when he was addressed, the Joker's voice void of any emotion as he stared at the other male over his glass, chugging down the alcohol without making a face.

Jungkook chuckled humorlessly while taking another sip. "Relax, I ain't gonna kill ya. I could've if I wanted to", he said, eyeing Seokjin up and down. It wasn't in the disgusting manner Seokjin was used to, rather analyzing which surprised yet relieved him.

"You were Hyungil's boy." Another statement, not a question. Seokjin nodded, slowly, finally looking away as he couldn't bear holding eye contact with the Joker. He felt like he was sucked into the insanity of the dark-haired's black eyes, forcing down a shudder. He heard the Joker hum.

"What exactly are you doing here, in my empire, Kim Seokjin?"

"I-I... I wanna be useful", Seokjin told him honestly, "Namjoon, he- he had been very friendly to me, offering me to stay here."

Jungkook narrowed his eyes, taking another deep gulp as his adam's apple bopped. "Did he now."

"You know what, I feel generous today, my blood thirst has been stilled. You saved my Taehyung, by telling me what that disgusting bastard did", Jungkook spat the curse words out with venom lacing in his voice, making Seokjin determined to never get on the Joker's bad side.

"So I'm giving you a chance. Prove your worth to me, and you can stay. You proved loyalty to my Darling Taehyung. Now prove the same loyalty to me."

°°°

Seokjin had been accepted into the meeting, feeling incredibly lost and out of place but he didn't dare to complain as he was determined to prove his worth. Namjoon had been ordered into the office and was made Seokjin's 'supervisor' for the time being. Seokjin had blushed furiously by that but Namjoon's proud smile had assured him that he finally found his place to be.

All thanks to this one action of choosing to save Kim Taehyung.

Said grey-haired beauty had been treated with the utmost care, recovering well enough to interact with Jungkook again, the dark-haired asking him lowly if Taehyung had been hurt more than he showed to which the smaller replied with a shy shake of his head.