A Disco Fight in the Uscru District

cody and obi-wan go clubbing (for work of course), based on lego sw

cw for a little bit of alcohol but if you've watched really any of the prequels youre probably desensitized to obi-wan drinking on the job

--

Without his armor, Cody felt extremely vulnerable. Especially in the Coruscant underworld, and especially in the Uscru district. How civilians functioned, living like this, he would never understand.

Obi-Wan, of course, looked pleased with it all. Although he assured him he was just as uncomfortable without his Jedi robes, he sure was getting a lot of looks.

"Try not to flaunt too much," Cody reminded him, "We're undercover."

"Since when do I flaunt, my dear?" Obi-Wan asked, raising an eyebrow. Oh, he had to be kidding.

"Right. You sure chose the perfect outfit for it."

Obi-Wan gave him a look of disgruntlement in his metallic yellow jacket. Then, he sniffed haughtily. "If that was a compliment, then I must say, you look quite dashing yourself."

Cody didn't think 'dashing' was the right word. Not at all.

More like... repulsive.

I'm never stealing Waxer's civvies again.

They came up to the entrance of the Outlanders Club. Already, Cody could hear the music blasting inside. "Remember," Obi-Wan stated, evidently deciding to be serious, "I'm Ben."

Side by side, they stepped into the club.

Immediately, all of Cody's senses were assailed – The blaring, flashing, colorful lights; the music that was somehow louder than he'd expected; the muggy air; the very overpowering scent of alcohol; the sheer amount of civilians packed into one enclosed space.

Putting all of that together, along with his clothing choice, and Cody would've gladly walked outside right now and been hit by a rogue podracer.

Iron will went a long way in a place like this. He reminded himself, with difficulty and reluctance, of their mission: Find a group of scruffy spice smugglers, get them in jail. Simple. There were plenty of scruffy people here. Just had to find the ones that were felons.

"Let's try to blend in," Obi-Wan said, and took off towards the bar. Cody followed him with really no surprise whatsoever. Drinking on the job. Naturally.

"Just don't get anything too strong. We're undercover."

"Wouldn't it be more suspicious if I wasn't drinking?"

"It'll be suspicious when you get drunk and cause a riot."

Obi-Wan patted him on the shoulder as he sidled up to the bar. The burly Phindian bartender was eyeing them, and Cody had a feeling it wasn't just because of his clothes. "We both know you won't let that happen. Yes, let's see, I'll have one glass of Deep Core, please."

Right, because that was one of the most alcoholic drinks they had on the menu. Couldn't have just ordered a blue milk cooler or something, no way.

"Anything for the clone?" The bartender asked. Cody nearly choked. So much for staying undercover.

He shook his head, trying to keep his mortification off of his face. The bartender huffed and turned around to get Obi-Wan's drink. The two of them shared a look.

The bartender turned back and, with a groan, passed Obi-Wan a glass of gross-looking black stuff. "'Ts none of my business, but," The bartender drawled, "What's a Jedi and a clone doing, slumming down here? Not trying to incite civil discord, are ya'?"