Loth-Rat

cal kestis and baby ezra bridger anyone

let's just say it's 10 bby so ezra's like 9 and cal is just doing his thing yas

--

Cal's first impression of Capital City on Lothal?

Infested with Imperials.

There were at least two Stormtroopers down every alley. Imperial officers were more of a common sight than citizens. In fact, the only non-Imperials he'd seen were stall owners and a sparse amount of market-goers. He was glad he'd trusted his senses and had Greez land far beyond the borders of the city.

BD had been fidgeting around worriedly on his shoulder the whole time. He couldn't blame the little droid for being on edge; This place felt off to him, too.

"Keep an eye out for me, okay?" He muttered back to him. BD chirped lowly in response, drawing the attention of a nearby Stormtrooper.

"Hey! You!" They barked. Cal froze. The Stormtrooper walked over from where they had previously been standing in the mouth of an alleyway.

Ah, great. Already.

"Is there... something I can help you with?" Cal asked, trying to hold himself in some way that would look inconspicuous. Please don't see my lightsaber. Please don't see my lightsaber.

The Stormtrooper stepped closer to him. "We're looking for a little boy. Human, blue hair, tan skin, about," They gestured to their waist, "this tall. Seen him?"

"Can't say I have," Cal replied.

"He's been stealing our shipments," The Stormtrooper continued, "Just today, he took half our supply of meilooruns. Keep an eye out for him, will you? Tell an officer if you see something."

Cal nodded. "Will do." Which was a lie, of course. He would never turn a kid in to the Empire. He'd definitely keep an eye out, though – If the Empire was hunting this kid, too, then he probably needed help. Cal's top priority was to help.

The Stormtrooper nodded and went back to their post. Cal kept walking like nothing had happened, but he was paying extra attention now to every shadowy corner, rooftop and alleyway. He had a feeling that kid was close.

"You hear that, BD?" Cal muttered to his shoulder. "A little human boy."

BD beeped in assent.

Before he knew it, he'd left behind the bustling city streets and found himself on a relatively empty avenue. The dark, shadowy alleyways were becoming even more frequent. Contrary to this, there were fewer Stormtroopers. He only saw one or so in front of every other building, each with a blaster held ready in their hands.

None of them stopped him, much to his relief. Their gazes on him as he walked by made the hairs on his neck stand up, but he doubted he needed to be concerned – Even if they did confront him, he could handle a few Stormtroopers, no problem.

Then, as he came upon a square of buildings, each unguarded and dark, he began to wonder why this place was so... empty.

"I wonder what's going on here," He said to BD. The road he was walking along led off to the left, so assumedly, there would be more people down there, but the only sounds were those of his boots on the ground.

He then heard the telltale sigh of a Stormtrooper and ducked against a nearby building. Oh, poodoo.

"Did you hear that?" A Stormtrooper said, their voice staticky through a modulator. Cal risked it and leaned around the corner to see what he was dealing with. There, standing in front of a low barricade, were two Stormtroopers, looking around like startled boglings.