Standing Watch

a very short addition to the anidala navy au, because this is pretty much the only oneshot i've written in a while and i need to update 

i really like this au so i'll definitely add more to it some day :)

--

Anakin stood against the wall with a dream in his eye, watching over the deck and the sleeping crew.

So far, he'd seen... nothing. About the same things he'd been seeing the entire week.

Nothing.

Not even the moon glinting off the sea, or a sailor sleep-walking – He supposed he was the only one who did that, though. So he allowed himself to drift off. After all, sleeping while standing was a skill of his. He'd developed it for this exact reason.

And as he let his eyelids slip shut, he hoped he'd see that girl again, maybe just in the back of his mind...

And she smiled at him again, and told him her name, and walked with her hand in his, and wrote letters to him that he'd keep forever...

And for a moment, he felt himself falling...

"Ten-HUT!" A familiar voice yelled in his ear. Like, right in his ear. He felt their breath louder than he heard their words; probably the main reason why it scared the shit out of him.

He screamed "JESUS FUCKING CHRIST" as he slipped from his placement along the wall, right flat on his face at the person's feet. "WHAT THE SHIT, AHSOKA!"

"Kenobi told me to wake you," Ahsoka smirked down at him and shrugged it off nonchalantly, "Just following orders."

"Yeah, yeah, of course he did," He groaned, "Help me up, will you?"

She reached down a hand to pull him up. As he gripped her hand, she instantly let go, leaving him on his ass again. She cackled.

"There's no one even out here, who are you doing this for?" He gestured around to the darkened, empty deck.

"Myself," She laughed before sauntering around the corner with waning footsteps.

Anakin groaned and pushed himself up. Just over the seascape, the first glints of dawn appeared, and he was still just standing here.