his little secret

Start from the beginning

                There was a large uproar and wolf-howls. The students had stood up and went up to congratulate Mr. Parker and his fiancée. I stayed in my seats, keeping my eyes transfixed on the crowd. I was still bewildered that Mr. Parker was getting married. Then, I realized that this ‘surprise’ for the class was actually for Mr. Parker. It was basically a very tiny wedding shower.

                “Now, now everyone back to your seats,” Gin said through the mike loudly, calming down the crowd. It took a while but they all eventually settled down and stared up at the front, probably guessing what’s going to happen next.

                “Congratulations Mr. Parker,” Gin smiled, “we, meaning; Me, Jung-woo, Bom, and Yuri, all agreed-

                Bom gave him a look of disbelief.

                -to sing a song for these couples as to celebrate Mr. Parker’s wedding, and most importantly to get these service points that we apparently need to go to grade twelve!”

                There was hoot of agreement and after silence, waiting for the entertainment to begin. Gin turned from the crowd and muttered something to Bom, who seemed uncertain but nodded. Then, Gin gestured to the others.

                “One, two, three,” he murmured and at his cue Jung-woo and Yuri got ready, waiting for Gin.

                “Oh, oh you’re my love. You’re my happiness, my precious. My dearest love that will get wet with me if the rain falls down,” Gin started, strumming his guitar, which matched perfectly with his soft voice. I was inwardly surprised on how nice Gin sounded and was impressed that he was actually good at doing something besides talking and joking around.

                There was short pause and right on cue Jung-woo’s drum beat matched along with Yuri’s piano and Bom’s nervous yet nice and familiar voice.

                “If I sing a sweet song, your eyes smile. If I kiss your check, you turn shy,” she took a break and I gave her an encouraging thumbs up. She grinned appreciating and continued.

                “I cling to the phone all night because I have so much to say but when it’s over, I feel sad. I can’t hang up first.”

                This time Gin carried up, “Oh, oh you’re my love. You’re my happiness, my precious. My dearest love that will get wet with me if the rain falls down.”

“Oh, oh, no other person in this world. No words in this world can replace you,” Bom went on, starting to enjoy the melody, “what I mean is, it’s only you. I love you.”

“I want to give you love like a sunflower,” Gin grinned while pointing towards the class, “just to one person, to my first, to you!”

“Will you say it too? Tell me too?” Bom smiled brightly, “that you really like me? That you love me as much as I do, from heaven down to earth.”

“Oh, oh among the many couples, among all those people, just us two. Thank you for coming to me. I’m so happy,” Gin finished slowly, “I love you.”

Everyone stood up and clapped and Mr. Parker stood up as well, seeming grateful. He went up to the stage and took the microphone.

“Thank you Gin,” he grinned slightly, “it was a nice song you sang to me, although slightly awkward.” There was a burst of laughter and nods of agreement.

Gin grinned like an idiot and took out a sheet of paper in his paper and unfolded it. He also took out a pen, and handed it to Mr. Parker.

“Sign here,” Gin said, “to prove that we did a performance worth of points.” And Mr. Parker signed it.