Chapter 39: Its shitty here

En başından başla

"What?"

"A killer." Alexis says. "Insane. Homicidal."

Sam looks at Alexis, she knew how he was feeling, but not being alone wasn't A comfort for either of them. "Who I'm meant to be." Sam adds. "You said it once yourself. I gotta face up to who I am."

"I didn't mean this." Dean yells.

"But it's still true. You know that." Sam stands up, walking toward Dean. "Dad knew that too. That's why he told you if it ever came to this--"

"Shut up, Sam."

"Dean, you promised him. You promised me."

"No." Dean says. "Listen to me. We're gonna figure this out, okay? I mean, there's gotta be a way, right?"

"Yeah, there is." Sam picks up a gun, holding it out to Dean. "I don't wanna hurt anyone else. I don't wanna hurt you."

"You won't." Dean states. "Whatever this is, you can fight it."

"No, I can't. Not forever."

Alexis sighs, her eyes fluttering shut. She'd never been more thankful for the sleeping pills to start kicking in.

"Here, you gotta do it." Sam insists. Sam forces the gun into Dean hand.

"You know, I've tried so hard to keep you safe."

"I know."

Dean shakes his head. "I can't. I'd rather die." Dean drops the gun to the floor, stepping around Sam.

"No." Sam says. "You'll live." Sam picks up the gun, turning around to face Dean. "You'll live to regret this." Sam hits Dean with the butt of the gun, knocking him out.

~~~

When Alexis woke up she thought it was too quiet. She stretched, looking around as she pushed the nightmares put of her head. Her eyes land on Dean, who was laying in the floor. "What the hell?"

Alexis stand up, quickly moving toward him. She kneels down, pulling him to her. She pats his cheek, ignoring the horrible images filling her head. "Dean, wake up. Come on, buddy. Hello? Earth to Dean."

A knocking on the door makes her look up. "They'll go away." She mutters, continuing to try and wake Dean.

The knocking continues as Dean blinks. "Lexi?"

"Hey, welcome to the land of the living. Its shitty here."

The two look up as the door opens and a man walks in. "Its past your checkout." The man walks back out of the door as Dean and Alexis stand up, following.

"What?" Dean asks.

"Its past checkout and I have a couple here who need your room."

Alexis grabs her bag, moving back to the door and glancing out to see a blonde woman and a man in a suit.

"Oh, yeah. I'll bet they do." Dean remarks. "What time is it?"