Chapter 31

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Faerie-Slayer-through-summoned-
uninvited-ebook/dp/B0BVJSFV9J/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-6

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed

Abby's Pov

The hob had returned to my room hours later to dress me. After ensuring that I had my rest, he picked out a gown and a set of jewels to strap around my neck and wrist

"This shall do," he set the dress made of velvet and silver down," you will look astonishing."

I picked at the beads that pattered the fabric," what is it like being princess?"

After taking a brush to my hair, the hob took a minute to respond. His eyes met mine in the mirror of the pink vanity table where I sat on a shirt stool," the most exclusive of wines, revelry, sex with the prince, servants and balls."

"Won't that get boring someday?"

"You could pick a trade as hobby. Fencing, or potion making perhaps. But you shall never grow tired of the wardrobe."

"I think I shall," I felt myself frown. I was never the type of girl to get overly joyous over an outfit. The things that truly made me content were still on earth and most definitely not materialistic.

"Well, maybe you can learn to travel between the dimensions. Perhaps the queen will learn to trust you enough to let you visit earth. If your valorous like your mother was, maybe a visit to the Unseelie Courts from time to time."

I turned to peer at the creature," you knew my mother?"

"Indeed. How could I ever forget?"

I felt my heart skip a beat.
"Tell me what you know."

"Eloise Evergreen was just a mortal, a human girl that unearthed the truth about the folk through forbidden friendships," I felt the brush of makeup against my skin," she was subject to the queens eternal wrath for this intelligence. A slave in the kitchens, gardens and halls."

"Eloise Evergreen," I recited," And my father?"

"Your father was son to the queen. Some would say he was her favourite child,"I felt his dainty cold fingers clip blinding diamonds on my skin," Lochlan Evergreen fell hard for your mother. Day by day I watched as he tried to resist, she was a maid and he was a prince. But they were a force decided by nature. There was no wind strong enough to alter their fate.They were meant to be."

"My father was the queens son?"

"He was, which would make you her granddaughter."

I was silent for a minute.
"What happened to my parents?"

"The queen is nothing if not cruel. She had killed her very own husband and our king that very same season after discovering he had an affair outside of their marriage. After learning about your parents, she was furious. Part of me believes that the queen was deeply hurt by what your grandfather did, and did not believe that others deserved love that she was denied. Lochlan and Eloise vanished into the mortal world and were never seen again until a year later."

"How did she find them?"

"Eloise had a best friend. A faerie girl that resides on the other side of town. The queen discovered that the girl had been using a messenger bird to communicate with Eloise, a sirin. She had her warriors follow the bird and kill both your parents."

I gasped when the metal zipper of the dress reached the bottom of my neck. I was zoned out and deeply into the words of his story. I had lost track of reality and for a moment I felt as if I was in my mothers shoes, running through a dark and stormy night, clinging on to her baby and desperately looking to rid of it before the monsters come. I wondered how she felt in that moment to both leave her child and know that your time is up and to have met with death in the very same night. Does anybody deserve such fate, merely for falling in love? Was it secretly the root of all that is evil and wicked?