Chapter 4

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Faerie-Slayer-through-summoned-uninvited-ebook/dp/B0BVJSFV9J/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-6

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :)
Updates twice a week, enjoy!

*****
Abby's POV

The jarring sound of my phone ringing jolted me out of my slumber and back to consciousness. Annoyance laced in my every action, I reached for the taunting object.

Ben, 22 missed calls.
I had little recollection of all that had happened last night. My memory ends as soon as I had reached Deadwood Creek. I remember feeling as light as a feather, and happier then I had been for as long as I could recollect.
Jack.
My head was suddenly inundated. The scenes and images were of a man in my room, putting me to bed. It was hard to tell if it were real life or if it were a dream. The man in my thoughts was not Jack, but I had seen his face before, elsewhere. I shook my head as if to shake off my hangover and called Ben back.

"Hello?" He picked up on the first ring.

"Morning," I mumbled, still only half awake," you called?"

"Where the hell have you been?" His tone was angry. I couldn't recall the last time he'd been mad at me.

"I'm at home, in bed, I was sleeping."

"No, where were you last night? I left you by the alley for like five minutes and then you disappeared. I called you like a hundred times-"

"Crap crap," the memories came flooding in like the unbolting gates of a dam," I'm so sorry! I was with Jack, and he took me the the river-"

"Why the hell were you at the river?"

Good question.

"I'm not even sure to be honest with you. I don't remember much. I think I blacked out."

"You had like four drinks, how is that even possible?" Ben sounded sceptical.

"I hadn't eaten before, I don't know. I don't even remember what happened at the river. I think I might have passed out and he brought me home."

"That can't be what happened because how would he have gotten your address?"

Crap. Another good question.

"Maybe I didn't pass out. Maybe he noticed I was really drunk and asked me for my address so that he can take me back home."

Ben snorted. I could almost paint the frown on his face using my memory for reference.

"Do you remember going to bed? Did this guy hurt you-"

"No, he definitely didn't hurt me. I remember being put to bed, yes. I just-I can't remember details, it was blurry."
The man that was in my bedroom was not Jack.

"Yeah, okay. Something was weird about that guy."

"You think something is weird about every guy I date."

"So now you're dating the guy?"

I felt my head begin to throb," no, you know what I mean."

"Are your parents still away for the weekend? Want me to come over?"

"Yea, they won't be back until Sunday night. Please come over with a shitload of Advil, I think my head is going to explode."

"On it. See you in an hour."