Chapter 7

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Faerie-Slayer-through-summoned-uninvited-ebook/dp/B0BVJSFV9J/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-6

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :)
Updates twice a week, enjoy!

*****

Abby's POV

I had been occupied with my phone, fingers racing to type out a text to Caleb since I hadn't been able to respond to him earlier. I let the shadow of Ben's back guide me out of the school and onto the field where we could have lunch. My phone was suddenly snatched and my hands were now empty and hanging in front of my face.

"Ben!" I screamed out and rushed to where he was taking his seat on one of the benches. I flung my arms around his neck in an attempt to grab the phone back but he'd already hid it underneath his shirt.

"Oh my god Ben!" I shouted and took my seat by his side," at least let me hit send first."

"You're going to go blind staring at your phone like that," he handed me a piece of apple dipped in peanut butter," eat."

I munched on the snack, my stomach rumbling at the smell of food. I examined Ben for a couple of seconds, wondering if I should ask him something that teased my thoughts.

"What?" He half chewed half grumbled.

"What are you doing tonight?"

"I have a hot date with a number two pencil my English homework, why?"

"You should come out to have a drink with Caleb and I."

The look on his face was exactly what I'd imagined. He was staring at me as if I had just grown a second head.

"Excuse me, what?"

"You might find that he's a nice guy after all if you would just give him a chance."

"Why are you going out with him again? I thought we agreed you didn't like him?"

"I never said that."

"I think I'd rather do my English homework, but thanks," he concluded and slid a ham sandwich into his mouth. Crust off, since we had been kids. I smiled to myself at the thought of Ben at seven am in the morning, cutting the crust off of his white bread

"Please Ben," I pleaded," for me."

"Not even for Ozzy Osbourne."

"What ever happened to that girl from Saturday night?"

"What about her?"

"You said you wanted to take her out during first period. Ask her to come out tonight!"

"Like a double date?"

"Yes!"

Ben looked to be considering it. I took the moment to snatch my phone back from where it had slid down onto his lap.

I'd love to meet for a drink tonight. Can I bring a few friends?

I sent the text to Caleb and looked to meet the gaze of an unimpressed Ben.

"Well, what do you say? Come on, it will be fun."

"I guess if we aren't alone I can't make a fool out of myself."

"I bet ya still can."

"Do you want me to come or not?"

"Fine fine," I retracted," so you'll ask?"