Chapter 13

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Faerie-Slayer-through-summoned-uninvited-ebook/dp/B0BVJSFV9J/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-6

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :)
Updates twice a week, enjoy!

*****

After school, I was still in a bit of a daze. I had opened the book briefly during last period, read the first line written and slammed it back shut. It had began with something like;

Do you ever wonder what exists beyond the realm of your reality, somewhere between right and wrong, yes and no, are questions we have not yet found logical answers for-

Had the book not accompanied the memory of Caleb blossoming that tulip into full growth,  my skin may have not littered with goosebumps. In the train again, I attempted to read the book again. I had made it as far as two more sentences before rolling my eyes out of frustration and slight fear of the unknown. Back home, my father was pulling into the driveway and from a distance I could see Snowball yapping at his car door. I smiled to myself when he'd stepped out off the car. I hadn't realized but I missed him.
When I neared, I pecked him on the cheek a top the porch and we both headed inside. The left over scent of the raspberry scones lingered heavenly making my mouth water.

"If I eat anymore of these, they'd better cancel the summer," my father hoisted two scones into his mouth.

"What are you talking about dad, you're in great shape," I interjected as I grabbed a plate and filled it with pastries.

"Not for long if your mom keeps cooking like this."

I laughed out loud and headed up the stairs and into my room. I sprawled on my bed after a change of clothes, I wore shorts and a sleeping tank. I laid the book alongside my plate of scones and imagined I'd reach for one whenever I felt slight discomfort whilst reading.  Snowball was curled at my feet, the often spur of his fur against my foot provided added comfort. I could not describe the discomfort I felt resulted by this book. It was almost as if this book bore hidden secrets that were meant to be locked away but I had it now at my grasp.

I flipped to the first page and began to read.

Do you ever wonder what exists beyond the realm of your reality, somewhere between right and wrong, yes and no, are questions we have not yet found logical answers for. Your religions will offer you no sustenance, nor will your scientists and researchers. As you enter this new reality, be prepared to abandon all that you have been taught to believe.
It is often said or-rather confirmed, that within this lifetime, we will never make it to the stars. We, being us. You and I, human to human, mortal to mortal. I will teach you that sometimes, dear reader, you cannot enter someone's home without an invitation first. These invites are rare and hard to obtain and to be quite frank, if a creature of the Stars were to extend one to you, my only advice would be to run.
I know what's gotten your attention ; creature of the Stars. What happens when a creature is formed atop a star, four light years away? Magic happens.
Power happens, unexplainable events, dents in your timeline, in mine, logic suddenly seems so foolish in comparison, doesn't it?

Ding! I jumped up in alarm. My phone had gone off.
I slammed the book closed and reached for the item to discover that it was Caleb.

'Did you start to read it yet?'

'Yes. What are you trying to tell me? That you were born on a star, lol.'

'Just keep reading.'

'Fine. Only if you come to the Snake Pit with me tomorrow at seven to watch Matt's band play.'