Chapter 17

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Faerie-Slayer-through-summoned-uninvited-ebook/dp/B0BVJSFV9J/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-6

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :)
Updates twice a week, enjoy!

Abby's Pov

I was still uneasy when I woke up. My dream alongside the events of last night had kept me tossing and turning. At one point I had even gotten up to turn on the lamp. I made sure the window was closed about half a dozen times and slept on the side of my body that wasn't completely covered in bruises. When my alarm clock rang to signal that it was time for school, I felt as if I had just went to sleep. Blurry vision accompanied my groggily eyes. I stumbled out of bed and screeched out load at the pain of standing up. I fell right back down without a second to adjust what had just happened. My head rang, I was exhausted as a result of my sleepless night and I could not walk a step for the life of me. I decided it best I skip out on class today. I reached for the cellphone on my dressing table and texted Ben. It took him seconds to reply that he would skip with me.

'I'll be there with some snacks in the afternoon.'

I smiled to myself and used my sheets to hoist myself back up. My mother came to check on me before work.

"I think I'm sick," I excused and used the covers to hide my wounded leg," I'll stay home today and catch up on some assignments."

She didn't give me a hard time. I hardly ever skipped out on class so when I did, my parents knew it was usually for a fair enough of a reason. I snuggled with Snowball and was able to sleep for a few more hours now that it was light out again and I was less scared. Eventually, I woke up and this time it was easier to walk. It still ached and hurt a little and so I headed downstairs to the kitchen and snagged a raspberry scone from the oven. I used a frozen bag of peas and held it on each bruise for half a minute. I did this over and over and over again until I had basically numbed it and the peas were beginning to defrost. Upstairs, I missed a text from Caleb.

'Sorry, I was sleeping. Skipped school today.'

'Why, is everything alright?'

'I had a crazy night. I'll tell you about it in person.'

'Tonight?'

'Are you still coming to The Snake Pit tonight?' I asked although I wasn't sure that I would be going.

'If you are still going, yes.'

I decided that I wouldn't confirm until I knew that by tonight I would be able to walk completely. I went up and down the stairs and each time hurt less then the previous.
It wouldn't be the worst thing if I had to miss Matt's show, this is the perfect excuse, I thought to myself.
When Ben arrived, he had the usual Chinese take out in his hands. My stomach rumbled reminding me that I'd only had the scone from this morning.
I let him inside and we were now seated in the living room, Ben sprawled on the L part of the couch.
"What the hell happened to your leg," he mumbled through bites of fried shrimp. He peered closer to examine my skin.

"If I tell you, you'll think I'm crazy."

"I watch anime," he used his chopstick to poke into another shrimp," nothing surprises me anymore, try me."

"I was walking Snowball last night in the woods by my house and this  giant snake attacked me."

"Like a garter snake?"

"Not a garter snake. This one was huge, it was thicker then my arms, and it was long."

"How long is long?"