Chapter 30

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Faerie-Slayer-through-summoned-
uninvited-ebook/dp/B0BVJSFV9J/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-6

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed

Kade's Pov

It seemed that for a while now, the consistent  thing that bid me good morning was a pounding migraine. When I rose I was lying on a bed made of trunks and vines. I peered around the stone wall bedroom and realized that I was inside someone's home. Memories of the night previous flooded into my brain.
It could not be possible for Aubrette to have disappeared. I would not accept it. I rose to my feet and through the flimsy doors. Down the stairs was a living room that sheltered three. The women with the long burgundy hair and her trow, seated beside them in the most amiable matter, least of all expected was my father.

"What the hell is going on?" I began. My voice was deep and rusty, I realized that I was parched," what are you doing here?"

The seriousness that laced my fathers words halted my thoughts," Kade, sit down."

I obeyed at the couch across. I could not help but ask," what did you do with Aubrette? Where is she?"

"We were going to ask you that," father replied.

"Did you come here for me? Or for your forbidden alliance."

"I came here to complete the job that I had trusted you to finish. Did you really think I would be fooled with the ashes of an Asrai and a few ogres? When we're you going to tell me that the trow was dead?"

"She is mortal-"

"She is half mortal."

"She was with me by the cliff-"

"That wasn't Aubrette Evergreen my dear," this time it was the women that spoke. Although kind, her eyes were lined heavy with black eyeliner that made her resemble a witch," that was a water demon."

"A water demon?"

"They're called nixies."

"I've read about Nixies, they are faerie mermaids."

"There is a rule in faerie world, do not look, touch or swim in the sea, for you shall summon a water demon. On your way here, do you recall peering into the water?"

The image of the hideous red eyed women emerging from the water and capturing me in her gaze. Yes, I do recall.

"That can't be. I seen her, I held her. It was Aubrette-"

"The nixie has the power to shift into the appearance of the the love of your life. It's what makes them so dangerous. Then, after they've caught you in the most vulnerable state, they lure you to to a body of water where they would force you to commit acts of self inflicted torture."

Somehow, hearing the women say the words that referred to Aubrette as the love of my life triggered a fiery sting of tension between father and I.
'Do you love me enough to kill yourself for me,' the girl had whispered. In that moment I was convinced that Aubrette had turned evil. In some ways I was glad to discover it had all been another fraud of the folk.

"What did she want?"

"Most of the time, they toy with you until their amusement is fulfilled, then they kill you. Sometimes they take you into the water for eternal enslavement. But once you're down there, you belong to the nixies. No one could retrieve you. When I found you, I was able to cast a spell to drive her away. I was almost too late."