Chapter 15

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Faerie-Slayer-through-summoned-uninvited-ebook/dp/B0BVJSFV9J/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-6

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :)
Updates twice a week, enjoy!

*****

"I figured," I stepped to the side and let her proceed. She sat at the edge of my navy bed and I sat across.

"I heard you were close to killing her today, but a water faerie almost beat you to it."

I nodded," that's true. I almost had the girl but the faerie and I got into it. She got away."

"Is that so?"

I showed no sign of forgery. I did not swallow to moisten my throat. I merely nodded again.

"You came to see me last week.  You asked questions about the Moiety Children of the folk."

I nodded once again.
"You were referring to the girl. You knew."

"Yes I did."

"Which would mean that you knew far before your father and I that the girl was half mortal,"
She did not state this as a question but I nodded anyway," and then because you were unable to kill the half human, you killed a different faerie and presented her dust to your father as an attempt to fool him into closing this case because you assumed that your father would never find out that the girl is half mortal."

I felt my teeth grind and squared my jaw," have you told him?"

"What good would that do to anybody, Kade?"

"All that you said is true."

"I know."

"What now?"

"Now I am trying to put the puzzle pieces together. Why hadn't you come to your father as soon as you had found out that the girl is a half human? Why commit forgery instead?"

"Because I'd knew that father would demand me to kill her anyway."

"You took an oath as a the Faerie Slayer for the Odin Pack of Deadwood Creek. All that bear the blood of the folk were enemies of wolves."

"I did not take an oath to kill those who are human."

"Half human. The other half is wicked, evil and capable of the wildest intentions."

"Not Aubrette. She's different, I watched her for days. She doesn't even know what she is. She's good. A true mortal, if not then better."

Grandma raised her eyes to suggest that I'd said something to trigger a thought.

"There is a missing part of the puzzle Kade."

"Which is what?"

"You claim you cannot kill the girl because for you, it would be murder, but you shouldn't have a problem with someone else doing it."

I did not answer. She continued.

"The people of the fey wish no battle with the werewolves, a water faerie would have never attacked you first. Which would mean that you began the fight in that forest with the snake and not the other way around."

This time, I could not stile a swallow.

"That's true."

"The snake was trying to kill Aubrette. Instead of seeing this as a solution to your problem, our problem, you rescued the girl and killed yet another faerie in her place."