Chapter 20

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Faerie-Slayer-through-summoned-
uninvited-ebook/dp/B0BVJSFV9J/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-6

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :)

Updates twice a week, enjoy

***

"I've seen you before," she was oblivious to the hurricane that she'd just unleashed," at La Belle."

"I don't remember," I tried to keep my voice steady.

"You're sure you haven't seen my boyfriend?"

I nodded. She seemed to finally accept this because she began to turn towards the exit of the alley. Her palm began to drip crimson droplets onto the pavement. The phone was now soaked in dark blood. She raised her palm and shook it, splatting the contents even further along. I hurried to her side and held her hands in mine.

"What happened," I asked although I said I wouldn't,"did someone do this?"
There were points of injury, little pecks of holes bleeding out as if she'd been picked repeatedly with a pen or a needle.

"I tried to help this bird, it-bit me," I tried to search her eyes for the truth but she would not meet my gaze. I reached for the hidden pocket of my suit and retrieved a small jar of dapperling mushrooms. I had wrapped the glass jar with thick leather to keep the air contained but I had no use for it anymore. I took the material and wrapped it tightly around her hand. I felt her eyes on me now, hot like the beam of a laser following my every movement.

"You don't have to do this," she whispered. I looked up to meet her eyes and they were blurry with tears. They looked like miniature oceans, her blue eyes had gone vibrant with emotion. I wanted to kiss her so badly, to let her know that as long as I was alive, that there would be no one that can hurt her," you don't have to help me."

"I want to," my words were mumbled. I tried to slow down the flashing of the thoughts that whipped at me as if aiming for my face. I held the havoc of the world in a mental embrace in an attempt to focus on my task," Go to the bar and order a shot of vodka, pour it into the wound and then wash it with warm water, immediately."

"I-I have to go home-"

"It might already be infected. It's better to do this right away."

She nodded but hesitantly. I did not want to leave her here, like this. I wished that I could offer her a ride, but I had to get back to Caleb's body. It was a matter of minutes before someone would find him. I had wasted too much time already.

"How will you get home," I found myself asking.

"T-train."

"Then you have to disinfect this immediately. You cannot wait until you're home."

She nodded again,"thank you.
I just nodded. She blinked away the tears that had fallen over the brink of her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. At my sides, my hands twitched.
What happened, I found myself thinking, what did Caleb say to you to make you this sad? Or was it someone else? What did I miss?
I watched with deep sorrow as she walked away. Right then, staring at her disappearing back, I thought to abandon all my plans and to run after her. My grandmothers voice echoed like a threatening reminder in the back of my head.

'A soulmate is decided by something beyond us all. It's up to us to make the right sacrifices for the better of the most.'

I did not wait to shift after I ensured that no one was around to catch sight of this. I pushed the cars out of the way using my claws and my snout. I panelled a clear pathway for my car and shifted back. I had slightly dented a small Honda Civic by mistake. I hoped that the owner would not pursue this. I peered around for a camera and caught one above some dumpsters in the corner. Although it was not facing me, still, I reached for it and tore it out of the wall. I realized that it was a dummy, to create the false illusion that there is security here. I smashed it into the pavement and proceeded to the inside of my pitch black Mustang Shelby GT500. Anyone within a quarter of a mile could have heard the roar of my engine despite the music. The smokers on the side hurried to disperse at the sound and sight of my vehicle. I sped past the brick way alley and onto the road, causing yet another scene as people flooded onto the sidewalks to avoid being hit. I drove back to the street where I had  left Caleb's body under boxes of cardboard. I removed them quickly and unveiled his still body. I placed the trow into my trunk. The stench was rapidly clinging onto everything in sight. My eyes burned and ached  at the intensity of the smell. The drive back home was quick, in compassion to other nights in New York City. I wondered how I was going to sneak the trow inside the chalet and downstairs into the prison cell without anybody picking up on his scent. A town full of werewolves were bound to sniff out a faerie from a mile away.
I stopped the car a couple of miles out and grabbed the jug of gasoline that I kept in the trunk. I placed the trows body onto the pavement and began to spill the gasoline on top, soaking absolutely everything until the only thing that I could smell was that.
I could find a way to forge an explanation as to why I reeked of gasoline to father, but I could not explain why I had not killed the faerie yet. I tucked the faerie  back into my trunk and proceeded back home.
It was far too late for anyone to be awake at this time, or so I thought. I carried the trow that I had wrapped in black garbage bags in through the back doors of the chalet closest to the stairs that led down to the basement. We had hardly ever used it. It's main purpose was served dozens of decades ago when our ancestors used it as a dungeon. Now, it was home to a dozen empty cells and my fathers infamous Room of Trophies. It was always locked but I did get to see the inside of it once. It reminded me of a library, but instead of books were thousands of jars of faerie dust.
The inside was hollow and murky, the sound of my footsteps echoed alongside invisible drips of water. I placed Caleb's body inside the furthest cell and wondered if he'd awaken soon. I had been forced to give him enough dapperling mushrooms to kill him. It was not my intention but it had happened. I figured that I would leave him here and return in the morning . In the case that he does awaken, I trickled a circle of salt and a combination of pennyroyal and mugwort poison around him to contain his glamours and most of his magical abilities and in the case that it fails, I made another circle of sugar to distract him. In times of doubt like now, I even beaded a string with the same pennyroyal and mugwort poison and tied it around his ankle. I began to retreat out of the prison when I felt a sudden movement behind me. I turned to observe the still faerie and shrugged the feeling of something off. I turned my back and headed for the metal doors but I was halted by a pair of claws that wrapped around my ankles. I screamed out when the nails dug into my skin and tried to pull my leg away. My movements were slowed until I could not move at all because underneath me was the same poisonous berry that Caleb had used the first time to contain me. The trow was wide awake smiling wickedly whilst dripping gasoline and that is when I had realized that the trow had woken up long ago.
He must have acted as if he were still unconscious and slipped the berries under me when I was not looking.
I still had not come up with an answer to what those berries were and so I had no antidote to break the spell. It was a matter of time before the berries began to take effect of my entire body as they had the last time.