Chapter 28

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Faerie-Slayer-through-summoned-
uninvited-ebook/dp/B0BVJSFV9J/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-6

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed

**

"Mother," he greeted but was staring at me," is this the wolf?"

I suddenly realized him as the man that was fated to marry Aubrette. I felt the sudden urge to strike him.

"This is Kade Odin, he was just leaving," the queen concluded. The boy marched to my side where he finally halted.

"Do not make haste on my account," his eyes studied me entirely," I'd like to thank the man who's brought my wife home."

I wished that I was unable to speak again. I knew that speaking my thoughts would get me killed.
The queen called out for the guards who grasped hold of my chains.

"Take him back to his cell," she instructed.

"What are you intentions with me," I intervened.

"As soon as the girl is crowned and married, you will be escorted back to your world."

"You cannot do this-" the queen was quick to snap her fingers and at her will, I was silent once again. Helplessly, I let the ogres take me back to my prison.

When I opened my eyes, I thought that I must still be dreaming. Clothed with a sheer piece of silk tied around her waist posing as a skirt and the same material wrapped to cup her breasts was Aubrette. Her flaxen hair was set loose in a dance with the air, altered by wind that did not seem to exist nor have effect to anything else. Big blue eyes and red lips smiled at me. My thoughts felt as a body without gravity would feel. I was captivated by her grace. She planted herself on my lap and laid a cool palm on my bare arm.

"You look sad all by yourself," Her voice reeked with lure that enchanted me further. I felt as if there was a great cliff at the edge of my desires, and briskly, she was pushing me frontward,"Did you miss me?"

I could hardly nod. Are you real or am I dreaming?
"How did you get in here?" At the realization that I now have my voice back came momentarily; relief.

"I stole a key," Aubrette raised her other hand to demonstrate her findings," from the ogre."

"Are you hurt?" My hands raced to trace her velvet face," did they hurt you?"

Soft fingers capped over mines," I'm fine, are you?"

"I'm alright now."

"We are running out of time. We have to leave," she suddenly stood up and yielded me her hand,"do you want to come with me?"

I did not hesitate to grasp them and mirrored her actions,"Of course. Do you know the way out?"

"I do," her gaze bore into mine and for that second, all was right in the world," follow me."

Aubrette did not unlock the gate, it was already open. In the echoey halls, we fled together. Something suddenly glinted within the metal bars of the cell side of me. I slowed down my pace and observed curiously. A man whom, had it not been for his spiked ears and greenish skin tone, I would have guessed to be human, gazed at me with knowing eyes. His hands and feet were chained together and into the wall. The man bore me a wink as if to say he knew me. I could not gather in my brain where I recognized him from. Aubrette tugged and with my hand in hers, she led me through the narrow tunnel and out of the cave using a concealed door that bore entrance to the garden. Outside, the air was fresh and light. Nighttime stars acted as our lanterns and guided us with light through the forest in between the trees. I could not question where Aubrette was taking me, I could only follow.
In the forest of the faerie world, all was alive. Even the soil beneath me moved upwards and back down to clone the actions of a breathing chest. I was caught in a daze of both the enchantments of the fleeting girl, and the magical woods. Strange birds the colours of the rainbow emerged from giant trees, racing down as if to target my face. They deceived me so, soaring inches past and up towards the curious sky. I peered to follow, my gaze stumbling upon something odd but familiar. The half owl, half women creature that had payed visit to my fathers study, perched atop a blossom tree. I recognized it's jaundiced eyes that followed my every movement. The sirin did not spare me a moment to speculate nor question, it ascended with the breeze and out of my sight.
My steps came to a halt," did you see that?"