Chapter Thirteen - Goron City and Dodongo's Cavern

I looked around as I reached the end of the slope and saw a flag near the top of the moutain and, looking around more, the mouth of a cave. In front of the cave was a very odd shaped rock. I went up to the rock and it gave a grunt and uncurled to reveal a human like creature. It smiled hugely at me and I could see kindness in it's eyes. It rubbed it's eyes and stood up to talk to me.

   "Look at that huge boulder overthere!" the thing pointed over to a boulder in front of the cave. It blocks the entrance to the Dodongo's Cavern, which was once a very important place for us Gorons..." the so-called "Goron" said, still looking at the rock. "But one day, many Dodongos suddenly appeared inside the cavern. It became a very dangerous place! On top of that, a Gerudo in black armor used his magic to seal the entrance with that boulder!" the Goron said, turning back to me, kind eyes filled with worry. Gerudo in black? Ganondorf? Was he the same man who had been in Hyrule castle when me and Zelda were talking? I didn't know for sure, but it sounded it it. I looked at the Goron and silently told him that I'd help him, and continued on my way, not saying anything.

   -Goron City-

   I had finally reached the top of the mountain, but it really didn't take all that long. It just looked like a long climb, when, in reality, it wasn't. Although, there was higher places to go, but I couldn't and didn't want to go there yet. Instead, I decided to enter Goron City. Inside, the place looked simple but intricate at the same time. There were Gorons rolling around, and there were two, no, three floors, not including the ground floor. Even from the top floor you could hear the Gorons rolling around under you; it wasn't a quiet city.

   I went to the edge of the floor I was on and jumped down all the way to the ground floor. There was a giant door with a carpet in front of it, which looked important. I decided to save exploring for later and went up to the giant door. I reached out and put my hands on the door, but it didn't go up as the previous doors had. I kicked it with my foot, but nothing happened. I took a deku stick and whipped it at the door, only resulting in a broken stick. I dropped the pieces on the ground and looked beside me to find a Goron standing beside me and chucking lightly.

   "Brother, you're not getting anywhere with that," the Goron said, still chuckling. "Do you have an ocarina? It's a valuble instument. Remember, the Royal Family is the key to locked doors," the Goron said, and turned around from me. He seemed to be slightly smarter than the other Goron I talked to outside, but I wasn't here to judge these people. Gorons. Whatever.

   I took out my ocarina and played the six notes and watched in awe as the door opened. Since when was music more powerful than force? I guess nothing's the same in Hyrule as it was in... Earth. It struck me then and there; we had never learned about a place called Hyrule on Earth. Was it hidden? Or did it just not exist? I knew that this wasn't a dream, it felt real. But if Hyrule was never recorded to be real, or on Earth, then was I just on another planet? I decided to let it go for now; I'd have time to think later. Or maybe I wouldn't. Who really knew in this place?

   I shook my head free of the thoughts and entered the door to find a large Goron with spiky, rock like hair. He looked angry, almost as if he had never heard anything but bad news lately. I decided to whip out my ocarina and play the first song that came to my mind; Saria's Song. After all, Saria was a good soul, and her music was catchy and it always lifted by spirits when I heard it. So maybe it'd lift his too? I played the song and the Goron's face lit up as the music entered his ears.

   Suddenly, he spread out his arms and started waving them like crazy and jumping from one foot to another. It was a strange sight, as he looked so heavy. He was... dancing. He twiriled around with his arms in the hair, his eyes closed and his mouth stretched into a big smile. I backed away slowly, unsure of what was happening.