43

December 22nd📍School Gym Hall

December 22nd
📍School Gym Hall

- Harper -

"It's so perfect." I almost cried, looking at the winter wonderland in front of us.

"We did that." Lexi gave me a nudge on my left, while my right was still clung tight to Red. "We made this happen. We're so amazing."

"Yeah, we are." I agreed. For once I'm going to acknowledge the effort I put into this and be proud of myself for it. "Let's go enjoy it."

We slipped on our masks and I loved the anonymous feeling.

It was impossible to ignore the stares as we walked through the hall. They were mainly aimed at Lexi's beauty, but it's hard to ignore the fact that a nameless girl is on Red's arm. I held my mask a little tighter.

I did my best to brush past my intrusive thoughts. I feel good. I look good. I'm going to go and have a good night. It doesn't matter what everyone thinks of me and Red. It's what Red and I think of each other. It's crazy how quickly we progressed from tutor and tutee to... this.

"Can I get you ladies some drinks?" Red leant over to us, speaking over the music. His red mask, that matched my dress, covered his whole face as he slipped it on.

"Yes, please." Lexi smiled. "The punch is actually good, I made it myself."

"How much vodka is in it?" I joked, knowing it has to be completely alcohol free.

"Non... yet." She smirked. "Let's go make some rounds, show our faces."

"We'll find you." I told Red, finally letting his arm loose. My hand instantly grew cold at the loss of touch and it felt symbolic. I hate it.
I'm going to fall for this man.

As Lexi and I wandered around the room, I took in the way the lights reflected off the large snowflakes and mirror balls that we hung. Shards of colour and light flashed on faces around the room. The soft white coloured boards around the room gave off a snow effect, making the room's palette white and baby blue.

"So. What happened to you and Red just going as friends?" She looped her arm through mine.

"We are." Our big skirts brushed off each other's as we walked through the open floor. "I think."

"I've seen the way he looks at you. That's not very friendly. But it's not just lust either. I think he likes you."

"I can't date my tutee. And I definitely can't date Red. It's freaking Red."

"That's exactly why you should. You think he's so amazing and he definitely thinks that of you. It's the recipe for a perfect relationship."

"I don't know." I hated being put on the spot. It's all so new. "Is Eric here yet?"