29

October 31st📍Lexi's House

October 31st
📍Lexi's House

- Lexi -

I sat on the sofa, across from the football team's golden trio - Red, Wes and Eric.
With Trent to my left, and some of my cheer team to my right, we sat around with drinks and casual conversation.

I don't want to get drunk tonight, but I need to confidence boost. Eric has met my eyes five times in the past twenty minutes. All of those being when I spoke to Trent. As much as the blonde beside me is cute, he's not my type. But he is pushing Eric's buttons.

His jaw is clenched, his arms are crossed, his legs are man spread. He's been holding the same red cup all evening, barely taking a sip. I know a lot of sports players don't drink, and he's definitely one of them.

"Wanna dance?" I asked Trent with a bat of my eyelashes.

"No." Wesley answered for him. "He doesn't."

"He can speak for himself, Wes."

"I-"

"Where's Harper?" Wesley didn't even let Trent get a word in.

"Why? Actually no, I know why. Have you heard his amazing idea, Red?" I asked, well aware he's crushing on my best friend. Even if he wasn't, she's still his tutor and friend, and I have a sneaky feeling that he'd protect her no matter who it's from.

I turned my gaze to him, who glanced between Wesley and I. "Whatever I do with any person on the football team, he will replicate with Harper. Wether I have a conversation with you, dance with you, kiss you... he'll do it all to Harper."

"Did she consent to that?" Red turned to Wesley.

"No." It was my turn to butt in. "She didn't."

"The whole team?" Red asked me.

"The whole team. And one Harper."

"Double standards, man." He took my side, giving Wesley a shrug.

"So you'd let your little sister be fucked around?"

"No, but I wouldn't put her friend in that position purely out of revenge."

"Tough shit. Besides, I'm not going near Harper, am I? Unless you decide to dance with Trent."

"Speak of the devil..." Trent laughed, clearly amused by our sibling squabble.

I looked up, just in time to see Harper walking through the door, in her sexy little black skirt. That's my girl.