21

October 30th📍James' House

October 30th
📍James' House

- Harper -

I woke up under James' heavy arm, that stretched across my stomach. Despite keeping to myself, I still struggled to fall asleep last night. I was too hot and bothered after our... interaction. Something's up with him. It's bigger than a little joke.

It took a whole minute to slowly wiggle out from his grasp. Dragging my tired body into his bathroom, I planned on getting ready as fast as possible. It's 8:38 right now, and I intend on slipping out by nine, even though we aren't going shopping until 11.
I can't hang around here long enough for one of those conversations. I need to find out what's up, but I need to prep my words.

Teeth brushed, and lip balm applied, I needed to grab stuff from my spare drawer in his room. Tip-toeing back in, I noticed him lay in the same position I left him.

The sun was pouring through the curtains now, highlighting the curves of his upper body's muscles. I don't know what I was thinking - touching him like that last night - but god, did he feel good.

Snapping out of it, I slowly opened my mini drawer of underwear, girly products, and other essentials I might need. I always make sure it's topped up, just incase.
James insisted on me having one when I was fourteen and unexpectedly got my period during a sleepover.
Grabbing some underwear and the hairbrush, I went back to the bathroom, just incase he wakes up mid-change.

"James?" I whispered softly, after I was dressed and ready to leave. "James?"

"Mhm?" He rolled over.

"James, wake up, please." I placed a hand on his arm to give him a slight shake.

"What time is it?"

"Nine-fifteen. I have to go."

This seemed to wake him up. "Why?"

"I have to help Lexi, but I'll be home this afternoon if you want to do something."

"Okay." He nodded a 'yes' with a smile, but his eyes stayed closed. "See you later."

"Bye."

Lexi pulled up outside my house at eleven-twenty. "Fashionably late." I complimented her as I hopped in the car, loving her baby blue and white outfit.

"Always." She smiled, as I put on my belt. We left my drive and went towards Ella's house to pick up her and Ruth.

I'm so glad I'm hanging out with them today. Even though I know James leaves in two days, I think we need a breather. I've told myself - if he's weird again, I'll mention it. If not, I'll carry on like it didn't happen.