15

October 28th📍Carnoween

October 28th
📍Carnoween

- Harper -

James is casually scrolling through his phone as we wait in line, and I'm stood here wondering what he's doing tonight.

He almost kissed me, I think. I mean, I'm not all that experienced with displays of affection, and frankly, I didn't think it meant anything when he sat me on his lap, tracing the curve of my hip or thigh. But then I watched as he held his face so close to mine. I saw his eyes flicker to my lips. And I felt his lips on my neck. He kissed my neck.

Yeah, I kissed his cheek, but everyone does that. Maybe it was just a pose, and maybe he didn't hear the camera click, but I'm still left wondering.

Is he doing this on purpose? What happened in London?

Maybe I'm just horny.

It's happened before - me momentarily being attracted to him. I mean he's gorgeous, you can't blame me. And I guess not many boys travel from a different continent to hand delivered my birthday present, and then take me out to one of my favourite places ever, because they know me so well.

I tell myself I shouldn't. Like he's forbidden. In moments like these I go into full nun-mode. I set my mind off it and carry on with my day until it passes. Normally after a day or two, the horniness passes and I get my period.
Right now, I'm telling myself this is one of those situations.

But he's stood, leaning against the railing, one hand tucked into his hoodie pocket while a leather jacket hangs over him. The other is softly typing away at his phone. His jaw is clench, his eyes are focused. His hair is soft, accompanied by his retro glasses.

His eyebrows pressed together, and he glanced up at me, as if to see if I saw his reaction.
"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." He softened his expression, smiling. "I think T is drunk."

"How do you know?" I asked, being nosy.
I stepped beside him, resting my head on his arm to look at his phone.

T: *Miss Americana!
Whats d craic?
Hows r lass?
Callums missin his roomi, come home asap.
Got news Henry wants me to tell you.
I kissed Mandy.
Prolly shouldn't have texted you that. Call us?

So that's why he was frowning. T and Mandy hooked up. Well I suppose it helps clean my horniness up - knowing he's thinking about her.

Not that I'd want him thinking of me. That would be weird.
But you're allowed to do it? My brain asked itself.

"I'm sorry." I tried to be empathetic.