shut down (T)

Magsimula sa umpisa

Since Jennie lives in the same city, we were bound to see each other again. It just so happened that I'm with my boyfriend Sehun when that happened.

"Daming pinamili ah? Guess my old man's got more money to spend on you ngayong hiwalay na sila ni Mom," he suddenly said mockingly to a girl- my mouth parted when my eyes met those awfully familiar ones.

Jennie.

Napakapit ako nang mahigpit sa braso ni Sehun dahil sa inasta niya. Pero mas nagulat akong malaman na si Jennie... all this time, the person he loathes the most is Jennie. Nabanggit niya lang kasi sakin that his parents got separated because... because of a gold digger.

Jennie's eyes were glued on me even when I'm trying to tell her with my eyes to leave already before Sehun starts to humiliate her here.

"Babe, don't," I tried to stop him.

"I'm sorry," Jennie mumbles, her eyes back on Sehun. She looked tired. "I'm tired of running away, Sehun. Nagkamali ako and I will forever pay for that mistake, but I want you to know that I haven't had any communication with him even before your mom found out."

My boyfriend laughed bitterly. "Tangina ako pa gagaguhin mo. Hindi ako katulad ni Dad na mauuto mo at mapeperahan. Fuck, are you that good in bed for him to secure all that money from us-"

"Sabing tama na!" sigaw ko.

If I wasn't sure we got everyone's attention earlier, ngayon sigurado na akong lahat nakatingin samin sa section na 'to ng mall.

With fists balled and mouth shut, Sehun willingly let me pull him away from there.

But the look of tiredness in Jennie's eyes and shame made me sad. It was like she's used to hearing people talk about her all the time and now she's just... tired of hearing them.

My fault there was I kept it from Sehun na kilala ko rin si Jennie.

My next fault was I asked her to meet me over coffee, which I also kept from everyone else.

"Li?" she looked... hopeful.

It crushed me to see her like this, sitting in front of me with a mixture of worry and longing.

I know my bestfriend had been through the roughest of times kung kailan nasira na ang pagkakaibigan namin and now I just...

I don't know what I'm doing, really. Siguro gusto ko siya kumustahin, masiguradong okay lang siya.

"About Sehun... I didn't know," sabi ko.

She immediately knew what I'm talking about and slowly nodded. "You're dating him?"

"Yeah."

Silence.

"Were you telling the truth? You already left his dad kahit bago pa nalaman ng mom niya?"

She let out a deep sigh. "Yes, Li."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Para saan pa? I already lost you because of my wrong choices," she silently says before sipping on her coffee. Her hands were slightly trembling.