pools

"Oh, she broke up with her girlfriend?" my brows rose, a chuckle escaping my lips shortly before downing my drink.

My bestfriend is fucking available again. Now what am I supposed to do with that information? Am I supposed to crawl back to her?

"Fuck her," I slammed the shot glass back on the counter.

I feel like it hasn't even been a month since she started dating that girl. It hasn't even been a year when she started to date again.

I felt so pathetic. My bestfriend started dating to get rid of me. Why? Because I can't fucking control my feelings.

See, we fell into this arrangement where we fuck occasionally. I've never thought I'd be attracted to her but one night, and with alcohol's influence, something happened between us and it happened multiple times more because well, stupid as I am, I couldn't get enough of her.

At first it was because she gave me better fucks than all the other guys and girls I've slept with.

Eventually, I started liking her. Cliché but who wouldn't? She's fine looking, makes me feel great in bed and out of it. She's always been like that to me but when we became fuck buddies, God... she treated me a million times better than my previous partners.

And I don't buy her shit about liking some other girl. I knew she just started dating them because she felt that I'm starting to like her, thought it was the easiest way to dump me than saying to my face that she doesn't feel the same.

So imagine my shock when she knocked on my door a few days later, looking constipated and shit with flowers on her hand.

"Well hello there old friend. Unfortunately I'm in no mood to fuck with you right now, not ever actually," I glared at the sexy bastard that is Lisa, preparing to slam the door shut but she stopped it with her hand and the flowers.

"I didn't... look, Nini-"

"Stop—" I cut her, raising my hand, "Drop that nickname. You haven't been a friend for the past year and you think we're still on flirty terms?"

"I've been calling you Nini since forever though? So it has nothing to do with flirting," the smartass explains until my glare forced her to shut her mouth and put on a pleading smile.

Charming but I'm not that stupid Jennie anymore.

"Don't make me call the police Lisa."

"I promise I won't do anything stupid," she pushes open the door when I turned my back on her, desperately running in front of me with her arms spread wide to block me, the poor flowers on her right grip. "Just listen to me once. For our 16 years of friendship?"

"Stop with this friendship bullshit!" I screamed, making her flinch. She should've seen this coming. I'm so fucking mad at her right now, and she knows how I am when I'm even just a little bit irritated at her. "Friends don't wear skin to sleep, you asshole!"

Looking at her fearful eyes, I calmed a little, pleased to somewhat cause her terror.

"If you cared about that friendship at all, you wouldn't have tainted it by sleeping on my bed. And that was my fault too I know," I took a step closer while she steps backwards, cowardly putting the flowers in front of her as if it could protect her from me, "And the worst part was me falling for you when it could've been just a simple arrangement. Maybe it was all my fault then, fine!"

I kept stepping closer while she kept taking a step back. Like she did when I started getting attached to her after all the hook-ups.

How I wish my eyes could kill right now.