pretend it's okay pt2

I woke up from my dreamland to a nightmare.

Jennie's not here beside me.

I was getting ready for the heartbreak but when I stepped out of the room, I can hear the shower running from the bathroom across.

Still naked, I pushed the door open and went inside. Jennie's had this habit of leaving the shower door unlocked because I used to join her a lot.

That's when I saw her under the shower, the water running on every inch of her perfect skin and curves but her mind was somewhere else. Her eyes were lost in thoughts.

I knocked on the door to catch her attention and to ask for permission before entering all the way.

She looks at me with soft feline eyes and nodded so I pushed through, opening the remaining shower glass door that separates us.

"Good morning," I whisper against her nape from behind her, wrapping her in my arms as she closes her eyes.

"My head hurts," she complains, resting the back of her head on me.

"And nothing else?" I tease her with my hands running from her waist down to her hips.

"I'm sore but it's the good kind," she says, breath ragged when I started massaging her breast with one hand.

She tilts her head back and kisses me while I cup her down possessively.

The shower became more steamy as our moans echos around the four walls, just like before. I took her there, giving her my all because when she left me before I was left with nothing. And I don't wanna be nothing again.

Usually I would let her leave the shower first but I tried to clean myself fast, not wanting her to leave behind my back. I was scared to death this morning when I woke up without her.

I gave her some clean clothes to wear. She was blow drying her hair when she asked me to sit on the floor, between her legs so she could dry mine.

We were mostly silent but it's better than the silence of being alone.

It felt good to be taken care of. I missed feeling her fingertips gently touching my head, caressing my hair.

Last night and just a few moments ago, I was completely merciless pleasuring her. It was all roughness and lust taking over us. Now that we're both sober and dressed, I just felt so vulnerable. Like a kid walking on egg shells so her mom won't leave her as punishment for being bad.

It's just us in here but we kept pretending. Pretending it's okay between us.

I pulled my knees against my chest, hugging my legs while Jennie unplugs the blower.

Instead of sitting back down on the couch, she sat beside me on the floor.

She tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before leaning her head on my shoulder. I remained hugging my knees.

"If you're about to say it's all a mistake, I don't wanna hear it Jen," I tell her softly and truthfully.

"That's good because I'm not saying that."

"If you're planning to leave, I don't wanna see you go," I whisper.

"I'm not doing that either."

She lifts her head from my shoulder and locks eyes with me.

"Would you stay with me again?" I ask, hoping she'd say yes even when I know she shouldn't.

"I can't stay long. I have work," she answers vaguely.

"Will you come home to me after?" I wanted to persuade her. To demand that she come home to me.

But I knew what would make her run away. I understand it all now. In our relationship, I demanded more while she became submissive of my needs. I was dismissive of her longing while she complained less.