mistaken

A/N: Short, I was just bored. I have so many one shots in my drafts with over 2k words that I couldn't finish yet I made and finished this one in just a few minutes lmao. Maybe one shots are supposed to be this short?

And happy (i hope) JenLisa day!

-

My eyes darted to the door as it opened, my girlfriend coming in with a huge smile.

"What took you so long?" I groaned, standing up to meet her halfway as I caught her lips for a quick kiss.

For the past month we've only been seeing each other once a week, ever since I started my internship while she works at another city. We barely see each other and I miss her terribly.

"God I missed you," Lisa murmurs, planting more kisses on my lips while I smiled and wrapped my arms around her neck.

"Why didn't I agree to move in with you again?" I asked playfully while staring into her eyes happily.

She laughs. "Because you don't want me to be far away from my workplace when you're not even sure about settling in this city after you graduate."

"Yeah, we'll figure it out once I graduate," I frowned. "Just a few more months baby."

"It's fine," she kissed my forehead before pulling back slightly. "And the reason why I'm late is I bought you this."

She held up her hand and that's when I realized she's holding a paper bag.

With raised brows, my lips widely stretched, I excitedly took it.

"Strawberries," my eyes widened, looking at those fresh looking fruits. My mouth suddenly watered.

I lifted my head and kissed her, "Thank you!"

She grinned, pressing her hands on my hips, "I also bought some condensed milk-"

"What?" my smile dropped.

She looked at me in confusion. "You like it that way, don't you?"

With brows drawn together, I turned my back on her and placed the paper bag on the table. She followed me along.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I shrugged, trying to hold my annoyance, "Maybe you just confused me with your ex girlfriend is all?"

Silence enveloped us for a while. And that's my cue to turn around and glare at her. "It's too bad that you dated bestfriends, huh? Too bad that I know all about her too."

I know I'm being petty, but condensed milk! That's one of the things Chaeyoung and I used to clash on! I'd rather eat spoiled condensed milk than get Lisa confused with me and my ex best friend!

She looked like she just realized her mistake, her mouth agape.

I rolled my eyes and made my way past her.

"Where are you going?" she asks, following me like a lost puppy once again.

"Taking a bath."

"I'm sorry, okay? It was an honest mistake, I-"

"It's alright," I said, opening my closet door too wide at it almost hit her face.

"Come on babe," she whines, stepping behind me with her arms snaking around my waist. She rested her chin on my shoulder, "Don't be angry, please? We only have today to be together."

"Yeah, okay." I was still annoyed but she's right. It sucks that I can't see her everyday anymore.

"You're still frowning," she murmurs in my ears while hugging me tighter.

I turned around and faced her with a small, forced smile. "There. Happy?"

"Not quite. I haven't seen your gums yet."

"Yah!" I pretended to be annoyed as I tried to fight of a smile.

I yelped when she took a step closer and bent a little to scoop me in her arms. "Lalisa!" I kicked my feet but she just laughed at me.

"I can be happier," she grins as she laud me on my bed, her arms and knees supporting her weight as she stares at my face. I leaned on her hand as she touched my cheek softly.

Her touch is warm and comforting. I wish we could be like this everyday.

"You know Chaeyoung and I had long been over before you and I, right?" she says, pushing away strands of hair out of my face carefully.

I tangled my fingers on her blonde hair, shifting my body a little as she lowered herself, satisfyingly pressing her body on mine.

"Of course I do..."

"Jennie, I can have a type. I can say I like brunettes so I dated both of you, at least back when she still knew she's naturally one..." her eyes trailed all over my features, it was hypnotizing. The way her eyes gave attention to my lips, all the way back up to my eyes. "You may have your similarities and differences with her and my other exes, just like how you both like strawberries and how she's tall and you're... cute-sized."

I sent her a death glare while she pressed her smile on my lips, immediately melting my sentiment.

"But the thing is, I can't choose whom I wanted to see after driving for two hours right after waking up in an ungodly hour every weekend to spend the whole day with. I can't choose the reason why distance hasn't bothered me so much, when I'd rather be far away from you than share a home with someone else. I wouldn't mind you shooting daggers at me as long as I can work on seeing that gummy smile afterwards. And that, I always succeed at if you haven't noticed yet."

Her eyes dropped to my lips that were twisted into a smile. I pulled her closer, "Damn you Manoban."

"So if you're still unaware of how cheesy I can be, well I can only stand it knowing I make your heart flutter."

"I'm cringing." And so damn mushy in the inside.

She pressed her lips on my neck, murmuring against my skin, "Yeah, I bet."

That night, she left me reassured that I am the only woman she is in love with. She left while I was sporting that gummy smile that she really didn't have to work so hard for because it's a given whenever she's with me.