(T) birthday wish

A/N: Taglish 😝

-

I was walking as fast as I could, almost to the point of running when she caught my wrist, spinning me back to her out of my will.

"Baby-"

"Jennie," I corrected her while pulling back my wrist from her.

Her touch disgusts me.

"Ano na naman ba, Lisa? Why can't you fucking leave me alone?"

She looked hurt, but I refused to pity her.

"At least show up there, Jen. Hinihintay ka ng pamilya mo. Pati sina Jisoo, Rosé at iba pang mga kaibigan natin, nandoon..."

Natin. Does my world really have to revolve around her?

"I didn't tell you to organize a surprise party, did I?" mariin na tanong ko.

"I wanted to do something for you on your birthday," she reasons, looking down.

Ang kapal ng mukha. Seriously, I don't know where she's getting all that shamelessness.

It's my birthday today. Spending three years of my life with her as my girlfriend, alam kong she wouldn't let my birthday end without doing anything that will make me feel special.

I just didn't expect she'd still do this after almost a year since our break-up. Yes, she's been trying to win me back ever since. And I've been turning her down ever since.

Today, I was supposed to have dinner with my parents on this restaurant. Pagkakita na pagkakita ko kay Lisa, alam ko na kaagad na kasabwat niya ang mga magulang ko kaya nag walkout na kaagad ako bago pa man din makapasok sa loob.

I hate how she's won back everyone precious in my life despite her betrayal a year ago. If I'm being honest, it hurts me that they want us back. My parents didn't know the reason we broke up, but my friends do. Rosie really hated Lisa when she found out, but now she's even pitying Lisa. Jisoo... well she still loathes my ex once in a while, but knowing she's in there as well makes me feel betrayed too.

'Di ko naman sila masisisi. The four of us were good friends. They are Lisa's friends too.

"Look, I know you don't want to see me. How about you go inside and I'll leave instead? I'm sorry I ruined your day," she looked at me with those sad doe eyes but quickly masked it with a tug on her lips upwards. She's always so attentive kapag tinititigan ko ang mga mata niya.

I scoffed.

Stupid. You didn't just ruin my day. You ruined my life, my future with you. You ruined us.

"Please? I wouldn't disturb you for the rest of the week, just... Just enjoy your day with your loved ones behind that door," mahinang sambit niya.

"For the rest of the month. Don't show up in front of me," I told her impassively. "That would be the best birthday gift you could give me right now."

I would've asked her never to show up again, if only we don't work under the same company. Maybe she can manage to avoid me for 15 days.

Hindi ko inasahang papayag kaagad siya. She nodded and gave me a forced smile.

"Happy birthday, Jennie."

Nag-iwas ako ng tingin at tumango na lang. I walked past her, to the room where my loved ones are waiting for me.... to the room where she's no longer supposed to be.

Sana lang tumigil na 'yong sakit. I'm so tired of hurting. I'm so tired of her chasing.

-