==> Convene With The Council

Absolute bliss. Yeah, that's what it was. Absolute bliss. The third shitty movie of the day playing in the background, a buffet of almost perfectly alchemized junk food scattered around, and just two dudes being bros in love. No pants, each others shirts, and a huge ass blanket warming them up. This could (and at one point did) happen for days on end and Dave would never grow tired of it. He liked chilling out, he liked knowing the day was his, but mostly he liked spending time with someone he loved. It was great and awesome and all kinds of warm and fuzzy feelings. It didn't matter that this was the thousandth time they were watching this particular movie or that someone's hand was a little sweaty, this was great and Dave would rather have to listen to Dirk explain the complete My Little Pony lore plus his thesis paper on why the mane six and that weird mixed up monster dude represent the seven deadly sins in excruciating detail than never experience this again.

Dave took a second and looked around and- why is everything wavy. Hold on, why is the movie that's playing just colorful blobs. Dave looked down and saw that his hand and the gray one he held had a weird number of fingers. In fact, new ones were starting to appear and disappear.

Ah, fuck. Dave was dreaming. He dream sighed and ran a hand through his hair, already feeling his body awakening. He could recognize he was in a dream and yet he never was able to lucid dream. Weird, especially since he had a whole dream clone and could talk to the dead in dream bubbles. Maybe it was just that, maybe he couldn't anymore because his brain wiped its little hands clean of being in control while he was supposed to be resting. Probably. Maybe. Whatever.

His eyes opened to the bright light of the rising sun. Letting out a long and deep sigh, Dave stretched himself out and floated up into the air. It was morning, he could be lazy. He checked the time on his phone. It was almost six in the morning.

turntechGodhead[TG] RIGHT NOW opened memo on board HOLY HEAD SHRINK MAN-BAT

TG: who is awake
TG: its six in the morning for me. roosters are crowing and hens are shitting eggs
TG: the wonderful scent of flapjacks fill the air around me
TG: im floating out of my apartment window, enticed by the smell
TG: i might have to add another window break in to my list of two window break ins
TG: actually i lied
TG: sometimes i forget that i live in such a backwards society
TG: allow me to start from the beginning
TG: its six in the morning
TG: i can hear the troll mothers sing sweet lullabies to their children as they tuck them in nice and cozy
TG: all the crazy huge lusus are screaming what i can only assume are also lullabies or bedtime stories
TG: the streets vibrate with all the electric toothbrushes being used
TG: i can smell the fruity scents of several skincare creams
TG: sloshing of slime and the creaking of beds echo throughout the night
TG: whats this? whos that in the sky looking like such a whimsical morherfucker?
TG: its troll sandman, throwing fistfulls of the stuff straight into the open looking orbs of every man woman or child he sees
TG: every other gender or non humanoid species he chooses to leave alone simply because he cant be bothered to do all that shit
TG: ....
TG: john
TG: jade

Dave sighed, already starting to feel the ants of insecurity creep into his mind. Maybe it was too early, maybe he already exhausted their ability to help him. Recent change of events have made things just a bit more difficult for Dave to deal with things on his own. Before he could keep his cool (kind of) and was totally hiding everything behind a stone-brick-cement-metal wall (not really). But now? Now things were different— no, things were back to normal-ish. The normal-ish that it was almost seven years ago. Wow, almost seven?? How long has Karkat been here that it's nearly time to celebrate another winniversary?

Sorry, Dave was stalling.

Dave felt icky and gross and wrong and selfish and overall like a bad person. It was bad and wrong to still have feelings for Karkat, especially now. It was weird to look at him or be near him and feel at ease and whole when Karkat was just there struggling with the obviously horrible demons of his past. This was not and never was about Dave. This was about helping Karkat get through it all and remember that the people he loved, loved him back. Not about Dave. Never about Dave.