💙💛South K. x Japan💛💙

ok so this initially wasnt meant to be romantic lmao

wait disclaimer first: i dont listen to either kpop or jpop

i have no opinions on either of them

dont kill me pls
___

"KPOP!"

"JPOP!"

"KPOP!!!"

"JPOP!!!"

"AAAAAUGH!!" Japan yelled, face fully red from screaming so loud. Her tail was fully flared, hair standing up. Stomping her foot, she said word by word:

"I. DON'T. WANT. TO. LISTEN. TO. YOUR. STUPID. KPOP!! It's overrated, generic, and- and- and CRINGY!!"

South crossed her arms, hair flipping as she said, "Well I don't want to listen to your JPOP!!"

"Well, maybe not everything's about YOU, and what YOU WANT." Her fists clenched behind her back, body trying desperately to not let her do something that she'd surely regret.

"Give me ONE good reason ANYONE want to listen to JPOP over KPOP. My music is trendy and cool, while yours is is boring, sounds awful, and is just overall.." South stuck her finger in her mouth to simulate throwing up.

Japan gasped, and despite tears pricking the edges of her eyes, continued to argue with her best friend over music.

America and Soviet watched from the window in the kitchen, nervously watching the argument escalate.

"Should- should we do something..?"

"No, definitely not."

"Is it because you're scared of what's gonna happen, or because you want to watch them fight?" America deadpanned, catching Soviet off-guard before he said,

"...It's a mix of the two."

"Of course it is-"

"KYAAAAA! I'm DONE with you!!" Japan yelled, and only then could anyone else in the room see the tears streaming down her face. "You can listen to your stupid kpop WITHOUT YOUR BEST FRIEND!"

She stomped out of the front door, slamming it behind her.

"..Wait, Panda!!" South said, but it was too late. Japan was the fastest person any of them knew, by now she could be almost halfway across town.
"I don't even want to listen to kpop anymore.. I just want Japan back!!" She collapsed onto the ground starting to cry too, and America could feel himself tearing up.

"Hey- guys! If we ever want to find Japan again, we need to start looking now before she's gone." Soviet rationalized,

"...You're right." South wiped her tears away, picking herself up off of the floor before saying, "You guys can go look near China's house since she might be there, I'll go to hers."

"Got it!" America rushed out if the door, dragging Soviet with him. South could tell immediately from the way that they left that Soviet would be zero help to America.

__

South Korea dropped to her knees, huffing as she leaned back onto a tree behind her. It felt like she had looked everywhere, but Japan was nowhere to be found. She had even asked a few friends if they'd seen her around, but no luck.

She started to tear up again, the worst scenarios popping up in her mind. What if Japan had been kidnapped?! What if she had gotten a train ticket to the middle of nowhere just to get away from her?! South had been such a bad friend, how could she let this happe-

...

What was that?

South could hear quiet, but not inaudible crying from the other side of the tree. She got up, tiptoeing over and peeking around the side to see Japan sobbing into her knees.

"Japan!" South ran over and hugged her, only to be pushed away. Japan sniffled, moving away from her. "N-no. I don't want to hug you." She spat, ears flat against her head.

South sighed, sitting next to her and grabbing her hand. "Look, Panda, I'm- ..I'm sorry. I don't think your music sounds bad. Its actually.. pretty good."

"...really?"

"Of course!" She smiled as Japan pulled her face out of her knees, though her smile quickly faded when she saw her damp jeans and puffy red eyes. "It's.. okay. I didn't mean what I said either. Your music isn't cringy.."

South pulled her in for a hug, but Japan hugged back with so much force that it toppled them over. "Oof- sorry!" South sat up, pulling Japan up with her.

Japan stuffed her face into South's neck, and South could feel her smiling. She reached up and pet behind Japan's ears, internally 'aww'ing as she leaned into South's touch.

Japan readjusted on her lap so that she could face South, face flushed red.

South looked down at her, slightly confused. Why was she blushing?

Out of nowhere, Japan blurted out, "..Can I kiss you?"
Immediately after she covered her mouth, covering her face with her hands and lowercase screaming.

South turned red, unable to form proper words as she looked down at Japan.
She gently grabbed Japans wrists, pulling them away from her face as the country in question looked up at her nervously.

She let go of one hand to put hers on the side of Japans face, smiling as she leant into the touch. Her (cat) ears flicked in excitement, South almost reaching up to pet them again.

Slowly, she pulled Japan closer, stopping just before their lips were touching. Japan let out a breathy noise of happiness, South laughing before finally kissing her.

Souths thumb caressed her face, other hand still intertwined with hers. She smiled as she felt Japan's tail thumping against the grass.

Before either of them knew it, it was over, the threat of suffocation making them hesitantly pull away both nervously giggling. "I've always wanted to do that." She admitted, looking at South in anticipation.

South blushed, whispering out, "Me too.."

They both sat in silence for a few minutes, staring at the sunset.

"..Do you want to go home?"

Japan nodded her head, pushing her face into Souths neck again. "Mhm... can we go to your house?"

South smiled, picking Japan up bridal style.

"Of course, Panda"

___

AWWWW THIS IS SO CUTE

first time writing girl x girl, tell me how i did 💪
was it up to ur standards 🥺👉👈

sorry ill never type those 3 emojis ever again 😁

hope u liked it o3o

adios
- mokey