🥀"I Should've Said Something."🥀(Part 2)(Mastermind!Shuichi×Kokichi)

Kokichi's PoV:

Of course,Shuichi and I hurried back to dininghall to tell everyone about Miu.

I let Shuichi do all the talking.He's more trustworthy.With that,everyone rushed to the weird simulation room and witnessed what both Shuichi and I did.Then,an announcement sounded.

It was the body discovery announcement,the one we were all too familiar with.There was no denying it,Miu...was dead.

Everyone was in complete despair.They all thought we escaped that kind of situation...but Monokuma still got to some of us.

Like usual,a class trial was soon to begin.I was interested to see who was the blackened this time.It was a surprise every time before.

Something still felt off.
Gonta didnt react at all when he saw Miu,he still looked blank.Whats going on with him?Who did this to Miu?All of this was connected...but how?I know im smarter than this,I can figure it out....right?

After the investigation,the class trial started.We all stood at our podiums,heavy despair looming in the air.I was prepared to watch Shuichi take the lead in the trial,while I help out where I can from the sidelines.

But unfortunately,the trial didnt go as I planned.Things seemed to be going well but then,Shuichi suddenly pinned the blame on Gonta.The same blank faced Gonta.

"Where did you get that conclusion from?Gonta would never murder anyone!"

Tsumugi rages.

"He's the kindest one here."

Himiko grumbles.
Kiibo nervous scratches the back of his neck and adds...

"Plus...I dont think his...IQ is large enough to commit murder and leave no trace..."

They were right.
It couldnt have been Gonta.Plus,he's been acting like some brain dead idiot for days.Why would he suddenly kill Miu?And by strangulation of all things.

"Haha~!Seems like youre losing your touch,Shumai~!"

I tease.
Shuichi's expression remained serious.Far different from the fearful expression he made in the first class trial we ever had.I was abit spooked.This bad feeling...wouldnt go away.

"Not yet,Kokichi.I know what im doing.No trace,you say?Well,think of this..."

As always,Shuichi figures things out that were quite obscure,even to me.He threw his story together and everything clicked.The time,the cause of death and more.From hearing his words...it mustve...been Gonta.

"...Oh."

Gonta had nothing to say.
His eyes still had that glazed over look.

"If im wrong,Gonta,please say something to refute me.But...I dont think im wrong..."

Shuichi lowers his head.

"G-Gonta?"

Himiko timidly mumbles.
Everyone could barely speak.Theres no way it could be Gonta.He wouldnt.

"Well,arent you going to say anything??You know full well you didnt do it."

I scoff.
Silence was all that came afterward.

"Gonta....is sorry."

Gonta sniffles.
It felt like my ears started to ring.
What...was he apologizing for?
Thats when Gonta's eyes finally had some life back in them.He didnt look 'posessed' anymore.Gonta...began to cry,like he had realized what he had done.

"Gonta...killed Miu.Gonta hurt friend."

He whines.
I was in shock.

"Stop joking around,idiot!Just tell the truth so we can hurry and find the real blackened."