🌺"Robots Can Love?"🌺(Part 1)(Hajime×Nagito)

Nagito's PoV:

Ive always loved technology.
The mere idea of technology made me really excited.I tinkered with little robots like delivery bots or drones.I lived in a time where Androids and service bots were about.

They were used to enhance jobs but not replace people.Androids were mostly used for lonely people,cleaning houses or....sexual activities.Androids could be mistaken for humans if they didnt have these two long lines coming from their eyes to their jaw line.The three parts made up the face plate.

People were getting lazy because of androids.They wouldnt do anything themselves.I didnt like having working Androids.It made me uncomfortable.

I lived alone in a big house,sure.I was also a lonely college student studying robotics,sure.A live Android would be perfect for the house but no.Yes,I said 'live'.

I collect damaged,discarded Androids.Some dont have arms,some dont have legs and some dont even have lower bodies but I try.
The garbage pit for these poor Androids are huge.

Sometimes I go there,without being spotted and salvage anyone I can to see if I can help them.Ive failed most times but when I do manage to fix them,they shut down later because of an internal leak of MK-02.

Androids use a liquid called MK-02 to power all their functions,including their main system.A core.Without a core or with a damaged core,Androids cant be saved,no matter what.Its located right in their chests.

MK-02 is a neon blue.People called it Blue Blood.People would call Androids 'its' but I call them like they are.Theyre alive.Well...some are.Thats why many are thrown away because they became defects.They became sentient.

I never allowed myself to take home a working Android,even if they were alittle dinged up but...that all changed one day.

It was a Saturday.A rainy day.
I was on my way home from evening classes.It was 6pm.I forgot to take an umbrella so I just pulled up my hood over my head and walked through the rain.I had no energy to run.

As I was walking,I heard whimpers coming from an alleyway I always passed on my way home.
I was confused.It was raining heavily.Maybe it was a puppy?

I walk into the alleyway and im met with a boy.Looks round my age,shivering as the rain fell.He had his knees to his chest and his head down.He had spikey,brown hair.I felt...really bad.

"Uhm.Excuse me.Are you alright?"

I ask.
The boy lifts his head and im met with the sweetest olive eyes.
But then I noticed...the lines from his eyes to his jaw line.An...Android.

We made eye contact and I noticed...he was injured.
MK-02,Blue Blood,was leaking from his head and his torso.He was missing an eye and one part of his face plate was detaching.Before I could say anything,he suddenly began to glitch,the lights behind his eyes fading off and on.He was...slowly shutting down.Was it a Blue Blood leak?An injured core?

"D-Dont hurt me.Im sorry..."

The boy mumbles.
He was sentient.

"I would never do such a thing.What...happened?"

I ask,kneeling by his side.
The rain was still falling.

"I was...just being my-myself and....the people didnt l-like me...so they h-hurt me and...I didnt even d-do anything..."

The boy sniffles.
I felt...so bad.
I take a deep breath...and decided.

"Hey.How about you take shelter from this rain and come to my house?"

I suggest.

"I-I cant.Youre g-gonna hurt me..."

He slightly leaned away from me.
Poor guy.