🥀"Somber Engagement."🥀(Beta!Hajime×Beta!Nagito)

Hajime's PoV:

You never know how much you love someone until you cant have them anymore.I was too afraid to tell my best friend,Nagito Komaeda,how I felt about him over the years we've known eachother.Since we were 13,we're 19 now.

I didnt want him to avoid me,so...I didnt say anything and stayed by his side as his best friend,repressing my feelings behind a heavily locked door in my heart.But...because I did that...Nagito didnt hesitate to go off dating some girl he met in a gaming cafe.

Her name is Chiaki Nanami,a girl way taller than him with dark blue hair and grey soft eyes.She looked...abit emo but Nagito seemed happy.I wanted to date him but theres no way I would tell him that,so...I plastered a smile on my face and supported him in his new relationship.

"A girlfriend!?"

I felt my heart break.
I was at Nagito's house when he suddenly told me,in a bragging manner,that he got a girlfriend.The same Chiaki Nanami.

"Yup!Jealous,huh~?"

He teases.

"Of course I am!!"

I panic.
He was thinking I was jealous of him getting a girlfriend first but...I was actually jealous of Chiaki.Why her?Out of nowhere?

"Haha~!Dont worry,idiot.You'll get a girlfriend one day."

Nagito pats me on the back.
My world was crumbling.I didnt want a girlfriend,I wanted...him.Only him.

"....Whatever,four eyes."

My throat began to tighten,I wanted to cry.I really didnt like this.

"Did I hurt your feelings or something?Im sorry,I guess."

Nagito frowns.
I couldnt cry here,not infront of him.Anyone but him.I take a really deep breath and...push down my emotions.Putting on a smile,I say...

"Thats great,Ko~!I'll head downstairs and pour us a drink to celebrate!"

I walk towards the door to leave.

"That nickname sucks.And do you even remember where I keep the wine?"

Nagito scoffs,crossing his arms.
I turn and stick my tongue out at him,laughing...

"Of course I remember!I basically live here!Be back in a second,hon~!"

"Youre weeeeeeird!"

Nagito replies as I close the bedroom door behind me.Suddenly,it felt like the world was really...really heavy.

I begin to walk downstairs and I felt tears prick the side of my eyes.My chest was heavy,my throat tight.I didnt want to feel this way.I really hated the feeling but...I wanted to be there for Nagito.No matter what.So...I hid my feelings like all the other times,and,with a pep in my step,I made the drink I promised Nagito.

As soon as I got home though,in secret,I screamed in my pillow,fustrated by it all.No tears would fall though,which was good?I loved him so much and I really didnt want him to be with anyone else.Why couldnt he be with me?Well...because,I was too afraid to tell him whats going on with me.I didnt want him to hate me.

A year or two passed of Nagito and Chiaki dating,and I had to sit...and watch them be all lovey dovey.We were 21 now.I couldnt dare say anything since I wanted Nagito to be happy so...like always...I repressed how I felt.It was building up for a long time.

"Bye Nana!"

Nagito,Chiaki and I just came from hanging out at a restaurant together,around 8pm.Nagito and I were leaving together while Chiaki had to go another way.When she left after her goodbyes,Nagito and I continue on our way home.