FIFTY NINE

We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January,And this is our place, we make the rules

And this is our place, we make the rules.

**********

Zoya's slumber was broken by some soft kisses and nuzzles. It made her frown at first, but when she felt Shahveer's beard tickle her chin, she ended by giggling.

"That's one way to wake me up." She said before slowly opening her eyes.

Her husband's smitten face was the first thing she saw before a strong smell of flowers hit her. She looked on her side and was more than surprised to see the entire room filled with bouquets of red roses of all sizes.

"What is all this?" She asked, sitting up on the bed.

"It is a small effort to make this day more special than it already is." He replied.

"Is it our anniversary today?" She frowned as she mentally tried to remember. "No, that is not until December. It is not my birthday yet. And your birthday was last month."

He chuckled as she cutely tried to remember.

"What is it today?" She asked, again.

He came forward to peck her rosy lips before uttering, "We're pregnant."

She froze at those words.

He waited for her to say something, but when she just kept staring at him blankly, he cleared his throat. "I know we didn't really plan it. But you're four weeks along, so it must have happened on my birthday night. We didn't use any protection."

"Wh-how did you..how do you know?" She asked.

"Our reports came in the mail last night, I saw it just this morning. It was stated there.." He said.

After getting married, Shahveer had added Zoya and Sehrish in his medical insurance. And every year, Zoya and Shahveer go for their routine check-up. They had gone three days ago, and both their reports were sent on their mails.

"Are you not happy about it?" He asked, a little scared of her answer.

"What? No." She immediately said, "I am shocked, yes. But I would never not want our child."

That made him goofily smile. "We're going to be parents, again."

"Yes, we are going to have a baby." She repeated, this time with a smiling face. "And getting me these flowers are so considerate of you." She cuddled into his chest.

The next step was telling Sehrish. They were a little nervous about that because they didn't know how she was going to take the news. She liked having all the attention and focus on herself. And they weren't sure if she'd be too happy sharing her parents with another human.

"So that means you'll also bring a tiny baby like Aarti khala did?" The seven and half year old asked.

Zoya and Shahveer nodded simultaneously.