FORTY FIVE

He's so tall and handsome as hell

He's so bad, but he does it so well.

***********

Zoya's hands cupped on her mouth in surprise as she stared at all the people standing in front of them. All of her friends and colleagues and neighbors and some more whom she didn’t know were present there, with large grins on their faces. But what melted her heart was in front of them all, there stood Shahveer with Sehrish in his arms.

He walked closer to her. Sehrish said, "Happy birthday, mama." And leaned in to kiss Zoya's cheek.

"Happy birthday, baby." The next turn was his and he kissed her cheek as well.

"Did you plan all this?" She was still very overwhelmed seeing all this.

"I did, but not alone though. Everyone helped me." He replied, cutely.

Then one by one everyone came forward to wish Zoya a happy birthday. Shahveer introduced his friends to her as well.

"Should we cut the cake?" Rohit asked after a few minutes.

"Let's wait a few minutes" Shahveer said while looking towards the door.

Rohit nodded and went back to where Avni and Sehrish were playing with balloons.

"Are we waiting for someone?" Zoya asked.

"Yeah.." Shahveer's words trailed off when he saw someone enter the party, and a smile broke on his lips. Zoya saw that and turned her head to look in the direction he was staring. And the person she saw walking in had her freeze for a second.

It was her best friend. It was Kian.

She looked back at Shahveer. He gestured to her to go to Kian.

Without wasting any time, she dashed towards Kian and hugged him tightly. A faint smile appeared on Kian's lips as he returned the gesture.

"Happy birthday," He said when they broke their hug.

"I am so happy you came." She whispered in a voice that was threatening to break any second.

"It is your birthday. I wouldn't have missed it for the world." He raised his hand to wipe a tear that had leaked through her left eye.

They couldn't talk anymore since everyone was getting impatient for the cake cutting. A two tier square birthday cake was brought out by two waiters that had flowers and butterflies design all over it. Zoya held Sehrish and Avni's hands as she cut the cake. The first bites were given to the two adorable kids, followed by Shahveer, Kian, Malti, Aarti and Rohit. The rest of the cake was cut in pieces and served among the guests. The dinner was served shortly after.