THIRTY SEVEN

Your name, forever the name on my lips

Your name,
forever the name on my lips.

**********

Shahveer was pleasantly surprised to find two of his favorite girls on his door.

"We got you chicken soup." Zoya chirpily said, showing him the container she was holding in her hand.

"That's really sweet, but why did you come here? You can get sick as well, especially Sehrish." He said and coughed immediately after that.

"We'll be fine, and Sehrish will stay away from you." Zoya said and ushered Sehrish to sit on the couch.

Zoya then located the kitchen and went inside. There she went through the cabinets to find a bowl and spoon to serve the soup. He absolutely loved how she made herself comfortable in his house.

She brought the bowl filled with soup and made him sit on the dining table. He obliged without any fuss and started having the soup. The warm, spicy liquid running down his sore throat felt so good.

Sehrish talked to Shahveer as he had his soup, while Zoya looked around the living room. It was not messy, but it wasn't clean either. Some stuff was lying here and there, and there was also a layer of dust on the furniture and shelves.

"Didn’t you hire a maid?" She asked.

"I did. She comes every morning." He told her.

"Then isn't she cleaning the house properly? Why is there so much dust around?"

He shrugged. "I never noticed it. She does her job and leaves."

Zoya shook her head at him. "How can you just let her do her job? Most maids are lazy and won't work properly until and unless you keep checking."

"That's just too much effort."

Zoya sighed. "At what time does she come? I want to have a talk with her."

"7," He said.

While he finished the rest of his soup, she tidied the room as much as she could. He asked her to not bother, but she didn't listen to him.

Shahveer told Sehrish that he had PS in his bedroom, and that got her excited because she had never played video games before. So he set it up for her, told her the basic instructions and let her enjoy it. When he came back into the living room, he found Zoya staring at the photo grid on one of his walls. The grid was filled with pictures that he had clicked.