TWENTY FOUR

Something happened one magical night,I forgot that you existed

I forgot that you existed.

***********

"Hello, I am Labia Aziz." The woman came forward and gave her hand to Zoya to shake.

Zoya accepted it. "Zoya Qadri. I'm the Marketing Manager of MacWeld."

Labia formally smiled and shook hands with Sarthak.

Zoya then eyed Rizwan, who looked like his entire world had flipped upside down. He was standing there with a dumbfounded expression. Labia nudged him, which broke his trance. He blinked and cleared his throat, but no voice came out of his mouth. Zoya could see Labia frowning at him, before she masked it with a fake smile. "This is Rizwan, my husband and also the CFO."

When Zoya was married to him, he was a Junior Financial Analyst. He must have gotten his position of the CFO after marrying Labia.

"Hello, Mr Rizwan." Zoya said in a very normal tone, and in a way that absolutely didn’t give away that she had known Rizwan from before.

"Hi," Rizwan managed to breathe out.

After the formalities, they settled down. Labia and Rizwan sat on one side of the table, while Zoya and Sarthak sat on the other side.

"We know that you're here to propose a deal to buy our company." Labia started.

"We're not here to buy it. We are here to invest in your company." Zoya rectified her.

Labia and Rizwan shared a look. "But we have a condition. I will stay as the major shareholder in the company."

Zoya smiled. "I don't think you're in a position to put forward conditions."

"I think you're forgetting that we are the owners of this company." Rizwan finally spoke up.

"The same company who is so into losses that you have no other option than selling it." Zoya retorted back. "You're the CFO, I'm sure the financial conditions are not hidden from you, Mr Rizwan."

That shut him up.

Zoya continued. "You should be grateful that we're not snatching the company from you."

Labia immediately piped in. "Of course, we're grateful." She knew that MacWeld's investment was the best deal she could get right now, and she didn't want to lose it by offending Zoya. So she glared at Rizwan, before apologizing to Zoya. "I'm sorry on his behalf. He tends to get angry easily."

Oh, you're telling me about his anger. Zoya mentally thought.

"I am not here to have any argument." Zoya sighed, "My offer to you is we invest 70 crores in your company, and become a 80% shareholder."

"That is too much. No way we're agre.." Rizwan started but was cut off by Labia.

"Rizwan, I'm talking." She scolded him, which amused Zoya to no end. Was he really the same guy who had abused her everyday for almost two years? The same guy who used to think that a woman is only made for serving men? And today, that very guy was being oppressed by another woman. Oh, the things money and power makes a person do.

"Ms Qadri," Labia said in an extra sweet voice, careful of her words, "80% is too much."

"This is not up for a bargain. Take it, or leave it." Zoya was in no mood for bullshit.

________________

"That was awesome." Sarthak commented as he and Zoya walked out of the office building.

Zoya shrugged casually, but the smile on her face said how proud she was of herself. She was determined to win, but she didn't expect her to be so confident throughout. Labia had no option other than agreeing to Zoya’s conditions. She couldn’t lose her company completely.

"Where did the driver go?" Sarthak said out loud while scanning around. Their car was nowhere to be seen.

Sarthak called him and told Zoya, "He had gone to eat something. He is coming in five minutes."

She nodded and pulled out her phone to text her boss about the success of the deal.

"I've to take this." Sarthak said when he received a call, and went aside to answer it.

Zoya was standing while checking notifications in her phone, when she felt a presence beside her. Her head snapped and found Rizwan. He was looking at her.

"Can I help you with something?" She asked.

"Stop behaving like you don't know me." He sneered at her.

Zoya kept her cool. "The day we got divorced was the day your existence ended for me. So, you're nothing but a stranger to me."

He stayed silent for a while, before taking eyes off her and looking forward. "What happened to you? I never thought that I'd ever see you like this." He pointed at her clothes. Her prim and proper business suit.

"I never thought that as well. But I think I was always destined for this life. Sure, I had some roadblocks," She pointed at him, "but I managed to find my way around it and reach here."

"Do you still hate me?" He asked.

A chuckle left Zoya’s mouth. "No, Rizwan, I don't hate you. You're not important enough for me to have hatred for you in my heart."

Rizwan would be lying if he said that didn't hurt him. After he got married to Labia, he got all the money and position he had imagined, but eventually he realized that his new wife was an extremely dominant person who loved everything according to her. She was so controlling that slowly Rizwan was stripped off of all his life choices, no matter how big or small they were. He sure had the position of the CFO, but it was all for namesake. He couldn't even kill a fly without Labia's permission.

And after all this, he might have thought about Zoya more than once. And he might have realized that she was indeed a good wife to him.

"How is..umm..our daughter?" Of course, he didn't know her name.

Zoya glared at him. "My. My daughter. Just because she has your sperm doesn't make her your daughter."

He ignored her words, and asked again. "How is she?"

"None of your damn business." She snapped. "If only you'd have shown this concern when she was born, things would have been different. But now, she is just my baby and you've no right over her."

"Zoya.." He tried to speak.

"No," But she cut her, "I have no hard feelings for however you've treated me in the past. I have left everything to Allah. He'd be the one punishing you for your deeds. But if you ever mention my daughter with that mouth of yours, I will rip it apart." Her tone turned so dead serious on the last line that Rizwan felt shiver run down his spine.

She was staring at him with a murderous glare when Sarthak came. He looked at both of them with a confused expression. "Umm, Zoya ma'am, the car is here."

Zoya nodded at him and padded off from there, while Rizwan stood frozen on his spot.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

In the poll of TeamKian and TeamShahveer, absolutely no one voted for Shahveer. Guess you all love Kian too much.

That could mean two things.

Either I make Zoya end up with Kian.

Or I'll just have to make you guys love Shahveer.