FIFTY SIX

Passed down like folk songs,The love lasts so long

The love lasts so long.

*********

Zoya had always heard people say that if there is paradise on Earth, it is in Kashmir. And she found out how true that line was when she landed in Srinagar. And what made the city even more beautiful was snow.

And to top it all off, they were staying in the Taj Hotel, which was situated on a hilltop beside Dal Lake. The dreamy surroundings, snowclad mountains and soothing calmness in the air was everything that dreams were made of.

And it sure felt like a dream come true to her, enjoying what probably was the most beautiful city of the country, with her family. Her husband and her daughter. She possibly couldn't ask for anything else from her Allah. But she made sure to thank Him for everything He had blessed her with.

_______________

Shahveer woke up on an empty bed. He threw his blanket away and stood up. Throwing a hoodie over his head, he walked out of the room. They were staying in a suite with two rooms and a huge living room. Sehrish was asleep in the other room. And he found Zoya standing on the huge window in the living room, staring at the flabbergasting view.

"What are you thinking?" He hugged her from the back.

"About how lucky I got." She replied and turned in his arms.

He leaned to kiss her, but before their lips could join, Sehrish sleepily walked out of her room.

"Mama," She called out.

Zoya immediately stepped away from Shahveer and picked up her daughter.

All three of them showered and got ready before heading towards the banquet to have breakfast.

Since it was the last day of their trip, they spent it shopping in the local market. They bought something for everyone back home.

Then they caught their flight back at night. It was around midnight when they reached Delhi.

Since they'd be living together now, there was no need for two apartments. Shahveer had emptied his place to move in with Zoya. There were two reasons behind it. The first one was that his apartment was more of a bachelor pad while Zoya's place felt more like home. And second was her place had three rooms while his had only one. Malti would continue staying with them.

They resumed their work from Monday, and so did Sehrish. Her winter vacation was over and her school had resumed. After marriage, nothing felt new or strange to them honestly. Because he mostly spent all his time over at her home before marriage too. The only difference was he was now sleeping here as well.

_____________

"Sehru," Shahveer looked at his daughter through the rear view mirror, "Is there something I should know beforehand?"