FIFTEEN

Boys only want love if it's tortureDon't say I didn't, say I didn't warn ya!

Don't say I didn't, say I didn't warn ya!

*************

The thermometer beeped and Zoya instantly pulled it out of Sehrish's mouth.

"How much is it?" Aarti asked.

"100.1" Zoya said, while putting the thermometer in the box.

"It is not too high. I think it is just viral." Rohit spoke while gently patting on Avni's back to make her burp.

"Yeah, but I'm still worried." Zoya sighed and cradled Sehrish closer. Sehrish had her head resting on her mother’s breast. She had been very low since she had woken up.

"Fevers are common in babies. I don’t think there is anything to worry about yet. And if the fever doesn't come down till the evening, we can go to the doctor." Malti suggested.

"Yes," Aarti nodded. "But Zoya, you need to leave now for college. Your exam starts in two hour."

"I don't feel like leaving Sehrish." Zoya sadly spoke.

"We are all here with Sehrish. It is just a matter of three hours. You can't miss it. It is your last exam, go finish it and then you can enjoy your holidays with Sehru."

Today was the last exam of the second semester. This would mark the end of the first year of Zoya’s MBA. They are getting a two week holiday after this, and Zoya was so looking forward to this much-needed break.

"Okay," Zoya nodded, passed her sick child to Malti and got up to get dressed. Then she forced some muesli down her throat before leaving the home.

Kian met her outside the examination hall. He felt that Zoya was worried about something, but decided to talk about it after the exam.

The next three hours felt so slow to Zoya. She was writing her answers, but her mind was filled with concern for her daughter. It was the first time Sehrish had fallen sick, and even though it didn't look serious, a mother's heart wouldn't understand that.

As soon as the bell rang, Zoya dashed out of the hall. She picked up her bag from outside, stuffed her pen and question paper inside and took out her phone.

"Zoya," Kian called her out, "How was the exam?"

But she was not paying attention to him. Her eyes were fixed on the screen that showed 5 missed calls from Aarti and Rohit.

"Hey, where are you lost?" He snapped his fingers in front of her.

She still didn't look at him.