FIFTY FOUR

Is this in my head? I don't know what to think,He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring

He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring.

************

She turned her heel and rushed into her bedroom. Bolting the door, she sank to the floor.

An hour later, she had shifted to the bed, but she was still crying. A knock on her door made her head snap towards it.

"Zoya, open the door." Shahveer spoke from outside.

She made no movement. He knocked a couple of more times before it got absolutely silent. She thought he left her alone and that thought made her cry some more. It was then she heard footsteps approach the door again before a key was pushed into the lock. He twisted it open and came face to face with her.

She had told him months ago where the keys to every room were kept, but she regretted it now.

"Get out," She snapped at him.

Her red eyes were telling how much she must have weeped. And it felt like a hard punch in his gut. What kind of a man was he for making his woman cry?

"Baby," He rushed to her side, "please don't.."

He sat on the bed beside her, but she was quick to put some distance between them.

"Zoya?" He held her hands, "I am sorry."

"Leave me," She tried to get her palms out of hold, but his grip was stronger.

"I am never leaving."

"Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be working on something that is worth it?" She taunted him.

He looked into her eyes. "That is exactly what I am doing."

That made her stop trying to pull out of his hold for a few seconds, before she resumed again.

"Stop fighting, you're clearly not good at it." Saying that, he pulled her body closer to himself.

She huffed in annoyance and stopped squirming. All her sadness was replaced with anger. He looked at her angry expressions and couldn't help but smile at how cute she looked.

"I did not mean a word I said." He spoke.

She glared at him. "That is a lie."

He made a guilty expression. "Okay, maybe I meant some of it. But I definitely didn't mean it when I said it isn't worth it for me."

She huffed and looked away.

"Zoya, I can't even imagine my life without you and Sehrish. I will marry you right now if you ask me to. But I am actually starting to get irritated with all this wedding work. I want that day to be perfect as well, but do we really need to have anything planned to the t to make it perfect?"