Could it be he was just like me. Trying to lend a helping hand and eventually got chained on that hand in the process.

The second thing I could roughly think about was what Rico wanted us for.

Sure, I was needed for the case of his mother's death but that was already solved, right?

Luis had been the killer, wanting no harm to Isabella but to Frenaldo instead.
Either way he was a harm to the Rodriguez family and they needed to show somewhat of vengeance towards the situation or their group would be looked down on, might be seen cowardly if they didn't do so.

I'm somewhat glad that my days weren't being spent in a prison, but with the way I lived now wasn't any better than juvenile prison.

My thoughts came to deep halt when the tall physique stood in front of me and softly took in my chin in his palm.
"The agreement can't be lifted. We agreed for the rest of the year, and the year's hardly exhausted."

He must be insane to really think I would allow him to hold me captive for the aching months remaining.

"You're correct though. This isn't about the agreement nor the money. It's tough knowing half a million dollars had been stolen from you but it isn't really an issue getting it back... I would've just killed you and Ace a long time ago, just like how I did to the four other men that accompanied in the heist."

So he had gone after Ace's accomplices.
But why would he be so eager to kill them and not us?...Ace to be precise.

"I made it clear to myself that I wouldn't get rid of you both the moment I met you... you seemed valuable. Special." His words being soft as ever but I couldn't believe a thing.

The tips of his fingers left my skin while my eyes took its place on his, visualizing every movement he took, from where I was to the other side of the room. Yet again.

"I grew somewhat of a feeling for you, this weird attachment... and I thought of the so called agreement. I was thinking that maybe if you become my partner I would see you as one, but apparently that was also among one of my stupid decisions. Because every goddamn moment I see you, that feeling grows stronger."

His words could've made an impact on me but for some reason it didn't. Every word he said, I took them as lies.

"You started seeing me as a slut?"

"Nothing close to that." He sternly responded.

"...And that was the problem. I could easily loose interest in a whore just by sleeping with another, but for multiple days now it feels like you're hooked in my mind. Not even the numerous amount of hookers I've been with could get my mind off the silly passion I have for you."

Nothing made sense.
Had I made Rico Rodriguez fall in love with me? Impossible.

"What about Isabella. I thought I was in all this so that we could find out her killer." I questioned, shifting our discussion away from his point of interest.

"Certainly you are, and you did a delightful job with it... not very entertaining but certainly delightful." He mentioned in a dim tone.

"Where are they?... Pedro, Zane...Luis." I questioned but the only thing in my mind now was if they were still alive.
I hope they were.