Fuck men.

My alarm felt like sirens in my head.

I was exhausted..almost like I didn't sleep at all last night.

I quickly showered and threw on a brown cropped shirt with a cream colored trouser and ran down the stairs.

"Where you running off to?" Rowan asked.

I felt like he was always up at night just waiting for my arrival.

"Beth's place. Been a minute since we've met." I responded.
"I heard she has a boyfriend now." He said.

"You can say that's all thanks to me." I bragged.

"You're out there doing match maker when you're still single?" He now clearly looked like he was holding in his laughter.

"It's not like it's a bad thing to be single." I rolled my eyes at him and walked away.

"That's what single people say!!" He yelled to be sure that I heard it from outside the door.
——————

"Hi Mrs stone." I said to Elizabeth's mother.

"How are you doing sweetheart, any issue?"She  asked.

"Just came to see Elizabeth..." I replied.

"She's not with you?" Her tone immediately changed.

I kept silent the entire time, not knowing what to say.

"She went off yesterday saying she was going to your house for a sleep over." She continued, getting more curious.

I was worried, she never called for a sleep over... to think of it we haven't actually talked for a few days now, but her mother didn't need to know that.

If she used my name for a lie then it only meant that I was supposed to cover up.

"Agh, I must have forgotten... she mentioned earlier about going to the library." I mentioned.

"So she's at the library right now?" She asked anxiously.

"She is. I guess I have to go there now, bye Mrs stone." She waved awkwardly while I rushed off.

'Girl where the hell are you??'

'You told your mom that we were having a sleepover, what kind of lame ass lie is that?'

'Omfg you better be okay.. if not.'

I started to blow up her phone wit messages.

I had to call for about a million times before she finally picked up.

"Hello?" She said casually.

"You're saying 'hello' like you don't know why I'm blowing up your phone for..." I sassily said.

"Calm down, its not like I'm dead or something." She said with a giggle.

"Are you drunk? Beth tell me where you are right now." I said anxiously

"Geez. What's the address of this place?" She asked and a random voice replied with the address. "I hope you heard that. Now Bye!!" She hung up.

I quickly ordered an Uber to the location.

—————-
The building was huge.

It was a cream colored mansion with black ten feet gates.

I heard a feminine voice the moment I stood in front of the house."Who are you and who do you wish to speak with?"

"Darcy Hills, I'm here to see a friend..." I replied.