I hate myself.

"They're in Spain?"

"They are." I replied

"And how are certain are you?"Rico asked.

"I saw his location a few minutes ago" I replied to his question.

"Where?"  He continued his interrogation.
"On his snap." I replied.

"So you're friends with those bastards?" He took a questionable glare at me, wanting a reply.

"We're not..." I mentioned and he hummed.

He walked to the bar next to us and served himself a glass of liquor, leaning against a nearby table, he took a sip from his cup and spoke up.

"I guess we have to go to Spain then."

"Who exactly is we?" I stared with curious eyes, waiting eagerly for a reply.

"Nicolas,Frenaldo,me and you. Who else would I be talking about?" He questioned, taking another sip from his glass.

"I'm not going to Spain." I protested.

I couldn't possibly leave the country now, and even if I could I wouldn't leave with a bunch of mafia men accompanying me.

If Stella was in my position, I knew this was where she would've drawn the line and so I tried to do the same.

"We can't possibly go without you...I don't even know how Pedro's sons look like-" He mentioned.

"I could show you a picture." I quickly interrupted.

"Darcy you're following us to Spain. I'm not asking nor begging you, I'm informing you. We're leaving tomorrow morning." He slammed the glass in his palm on the table beside him and walked away.

"I'm not going." Hearing my voice, he stopped his tracks and turned around to me.

"I can't leave my family behind and follow you on some mysterious adventure, Rico. We didn't discuss anything like this when I signed up for this shit." I continued.

"First of all princess, you didn't sign any silly contract. Our deal was that any task I give, you obey. Plus you wouldn't be leaving your family behind, it's not like you would be there forever...we would be there for a day or two. I'm sure Ace can take good care of the rest for the meantime." His words stern and firm.

I despised the way he ordered me around. It was like I was a pet and he the owner.

He always had the last say in everything and I was starting to think it is inflating his large ego even bigger.

A swarm of rage gathered in my mind. I felt like finally disobeying one of his tasks and finally having my way in a situation like this for once, but if I did that,I was sure it would only lead to an unnecessary arguments. So I tossed my emotions aside for once and decided to do as he says.

•••

The second I arrived home, I informed the news to Rowan and Ace and their reactions were exactly how I knew it would be...

"You would be going to Spain? For two days?!" Rowan interrogated with an unapproved tone.

"You shouldn't be leaving the country with someone like Rico. Plus you hardly even know Spanish." Ace said in a more matured manner but still with an unimpressed tone.

"That's besides the point. I informed you both about this, not to criticize or warn me but to assure me you would take good care of Coal and the twins." They both stared at me as I waited for an unknown reply.