Confession.

"Where were you and why are you dressed in that." Ace questioned

It slipped my mind that I was still on the dress from earlier and Frenaldo's jacket which he forgot with me.

"Who was that guy who drove you here?" Ace added.

The kids soon were gathered, making them all gather round me.

"A friend." I muttered.

"He's the person who you spent half the day with?..Who even is he?!" Ace questioned.

"As I said before he's a friend." I bluntly replied.

"A friend who is more important than your whole family?" He tone slightly more  frustrated.

"Can we talk about it another time?" I tried to walk past him but was quickly stopped when he grabbed my arm.

"We were worried that maybe on your way to school you got kidnapped... or maybe something worse happened to you. I was afraid that we had lost you, and I don't want to loose someone else who's close to me Dar..."
As the words flew out his mouth guilt struck me.

I was hurting my family, the one thing I never aimed  for.

What hurt me even more was knowing that I couldn't stop doing what I know was hurting them... quitting wasn't an option, but a death wish.

The only thing I knew was still an option was to tell them the truth...

"I thought you were dead." Brittany said.

"What?! That's not a very nice thing to say." I said jokingly with a giggle.

"She's not joking. She sat on the kitchen floor for hours while pouring her eyes out... she was about to make a memorial for you but fortunately Rowan stopped her before she could." Cole interpreted in a soft tone.

"Promise you wouldn't leave us." Brittany held out a pinky, eagerly waiting for mine.

"I promise not to leave any one of you." I tried to say with a smile and pulled each of them into a hug.

"Let's have an outing tomorrow, just the six of us." I  cheerfully said while drying off my eyes.

"I don't do outings." Cole hurriedly stated.
"You can bring your school supplies if you want." I suggested knowing he would agree on that.

"Deal!" He brought his palm trough for a hand shake.

"Deal." I took his hands in mine and gave him a firm shake.

"Where are we going to?" Brittany and Brynn chanted.

"It's a surprise.." I said mostly because I didn't have any where in mind.

"Aww.." they whined.

"Bed time. Everyone upstairs." Rowan said to the twins and Cole, making them groan while going up the stairs.

"I want you to be beyond truthful with me...where were you today" Ace's voice brushed at the side of my face.

"Hmm?" I asked, pretending like I didn't hear his previous question.

"I want to know everything... where you were, why you're in a silk dress and why you're also covered with someone's blazer."
The look on his face showed that he was worried and anxious, eager to know what the next words that would come out my mouth would be.

"I was with Rico." His whole expression changed within seconds.

"Why?" He interrogated.

"I work for him now..." I replied with a weak smile.