Way out.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this.
My mind told me this wasn't the best idea but my heart told different.

I had to do it. It was the only want out.

A long breath of fresh air filled my lungs as I unconsciously held it in, letting it out when I was about to get in the building.
The hooded sweater I wore blurted my identity, no one was surely going to recognize me.
I hoped so.

My fingers trembled while gripping on the handle.
'I have to do this.' I kept on chanting in my mind.

"I have to report a crime." I muttered to the officer behind the desk.
"What for?" She questioned, looking at me while patiently waiting for a reply.

I have to do this.

"For murder."
My fingers slid on the hooded material and threw it down my head. Her eyes immediately widened as her lips flew open for a yell.

"It's her! It's Darcy Hills!"
In a flash eyes darted our way.

"Calm down!" I tried to beg but to no avail.
Officers gathered round me, one pinning me on the desk.

"If you can just let me explain.... it was all Rico Rodriguez." I uttered through the aching pain I felt in my jaw.

"Your partner right?" The officer spat out.
"Fuck! Just let me explain..."

"Darcy...Let her go." A voice echoed from behind and in a flash the man let loose.
"Diego?"

I was stunned to see him here. From all the people I expected it wasn't him.
His head made a certain movement that I was sure was walk with me, so I did as he proceeded his movements.

"What are you doing here?" I scanned him, puzzled to why he was in one of their outfits.
"I work here."
Figured.

"I've been for a while now, I'm quite an important person in the force at the moment." He continued.

He led us into this room where other officers gathered, making me feel highly anxious.
"Darcy Hills." Diego motioned and they all stared at me with uncertainty.

"She has things to explain and I think we should let her." He said, probably to answer their thoughts to why I'm not behind bars already.

Some dark skinned man stood from his spot, walking towards us but before he could, Diego walked out and I gladly followed.
We went into a small room, a cold metal table right at the middle and a couple of matching chairs with it.

"Talk." The man ordered, after placing a recorder in between us.

"It was Rico Rodriguez. Everything was him." I started, making sure at the end of our discussion Rico was sure to be arrested.

The man stood up and left the door for some reason, leaving me with Diego.
"Who's that?" He questioned after pushing a button on the recorder.
"The man that punched you when you barged in my house a couple weeks back."
He gave a silent hum at my response.

"You have to be brutally honest in this, every word you say can and would be used against you." He informed, resuming the recorder.
The man then dashed in with a folder in his hand, slamming it in front of me.

"Describe the person." He ordered.

"Rico is this tall man, probably six foot three. Buzz cut, this tattoo on his neck... brown eyes."
"This?" The cover to the file was thrown open and a not so clear picture of Rico was presented. His face in view and nothing else. His figure next to a car, obviously about getting in.

I slowly nodded.

"A couple of... complaints had been reported about him. His last record was early last year and since then we've not heard anything new from him apart from now." He informed and I'm glad I'm not the first person reporting a case on his name.