[64] Summertime Shenanigans

Start from the beginning

He wailed, "We deserve this after going through the license exam!"

Asui took Yaoyorozu's side. "It's not nice to pressure Momo like this."

Ashido blew air into her cheeks. "Not you, too, Tsuyu!"

Readjusting her posture, Yaoyorozu crossed her arms. She had to stay strong.

No matter what you guys threw at her–

"Please."

Yaoyorozu froze.

She made the horrible mistake of looking at you.

You were fixing her with the roundest, most darling eyes.

Midoriya was freaking out next to you. "I'm sorry! I told him about taiyaki and now he really wants to go!"

Internally freaking out, Yaoyorozu only swallowed. "I... I see... Well..."

Don't give in! No matter what, don't give in!

All it took was a single bat of your pretty lashes to make Yaoyorozu cave.

Her arms fell to her sides. "I'll... I'll see if I can convince Iida and Mr. Aizawa..."

Instantly, cheers erupted from all around you.

Kaminari, Ashido, and Hagakure dogpiled you into the cushions.

"Thanks, man!"

"You're amazing!"

"We owe you one!"
You kind of just went limp. "It is no problem."

Yaoyorozu, meanwhile, was sulking off to the side. "My resolve is so weak. I need to do better...!"

Jiro bent down to pat her back. "There, there."

"Why are you guys pancaking him?"

You were able to breathe again.

Sato gently placed Ashido and Hagakure onto the carpet.

He reached for Kaminari, but the other boy just crawled into your lap like a squirrel. Kaminari stuck his tongue out at Sato before fiddling with your hair.

You didn't mind much. One person wasn't very heavy. "Thank you, Sato."

Sato sighed at Kaminari. "Yeah. Anyway, what's going on? I came down 'cause of all the noise."

As your other peers answered Sato, you had a revelation.

"Pancaking," you said suddenly. You nodded to yourself. "I see. I was compressed under the weight of three people, and therefore flattened. Pancakes are flat."

Kaminari hummed idly, keeping his eyes on your braid. "You're so smart."

"I am?"

"Yep!"

From your side, Midoriya clapped. "You caught on to a joke! Congratulations!"

"It is a joke?"

"Yeah!"

"Jokes are of a non-serious, subjective nature." You nodded again. "I am learning."

"You are!"

"Wow, Midoriya." Sero leaned his elbows into the back of the couch. He said teasingly, "That congratulations sounded awfully sarcastic."

"Huh?"

Kirishima appeared next to Sero and jokingly pushed him aside. "Come on, now. He didn't mean it that way."