[55] Bitch Episode (Final Part)

Your feet sank into damp sand as you explored Todoroki's "house."

You saw the vague brown outlines of pillow mats, low tables, and sliding doors. You didn't bother entering any closed off rooms since you didn't want to ruin the doors.

Todoroki had somehow managed to bend reality in order to build the second floor. You went upstairs and Todoroki followed.

You looked around. Then you turned to Todoroki. "What is this building?"

"My house."

"You live here?"

"No, I have an actual house... This is just a replica."

"I see." You turned away, walking further into the second floor. You grabbed a good chunk of the wall. "Your house is crunchy."

"How do you know that...?"

"Your house is made of sand."

"Oh. I thought you were talking about my actual house..."

"Is your actual house crunchy?"

"Not really."

You glanced down when you realized something. "I am ruining the floor. I'm sorry."

Your footprints, as well as Todoroki's, had imprinted into the sand.

"I don't care. It's fine."

Neither of you acknowledged nor seemed to notice that you were perfectly fine with fucking up the wall, but not the floor.

Todoroki pulled ahead to point at a closed room. "This is my room."

You followed, making sure to step in Todoroki's footprints so as to not make any new ones.

Todoroki smiled the tiniest bit as he watched you.

When you reached Todoroki, you asked him, "Do you intend to enter your room?"

"Yeah." Todoroki casually punched a hole into the door.

You assisted Todoroki in punching the sand till the door was obsolete.

What you saw inside was essentially the same layout as Todoroki's dorm room. It was everything, but sand version.

Todoroki headed in first. He picked up a sand model of his bonsai tree. Keeping his eyes on it, he said, "This is the bonsai tree you kept looking at. On the day we moved in."

You blinked. "That is sand."

"Yeah."

"That is not a bonsai tree."

"It's supposed to be one..."

"I see."

Todoroki misinterpreted your confusion for dissatisfaction. Concentrating deeply, he began to remodel the bonsai tree.

In the meantime, you sat down. How you didn't fall straight through the floor, you didn't know.

Your watchful eyes spotted something burrowing out of the sand. Irises spinning, you reached out to grab whatever was doing the burrowing.

You grabbed it. When you opened your palm, you saw a tiny little mole crab.

You showed it to Todoroki. "Is this a bed bug?"

He stopped working on the bonsai tree to take a look. "...I don't know. I've never seen a bed bug before."

"Shinsou knows what bed bugs are."