Back For Good PT.1

Hello there!
It's my first time trying to post in English here but is not my first language so I apologize in advance for any mistakes. Feel free to correct me if you want to!
Hope you enjoy
_______________________________________

MINA POV

For a long time I stood in the middle of the grandeur of Grand Central. People coming and going, hurried or carefree, on their faces only a warning sign saying "don't get too close," accompanied by a look of disdain for anyone who dared to disobey. I had definitely forgotten what New York was like. No one seemed to care about the others, each with their eyes glued to their cell phones, uninterested enough to pretend to be doing something important through the small screen. Yeah, I was exactly where I was supposed to be.

I took my phone out of my pocket and put it to my ear as I made my way through the crowd. My eyes wandered from one to the other, sensitive to the slightest sign of recognition of my person, something that would not be pleasant at that moment.

- Are you here? - the soft voice greeted me on the other side of the line.

- Yes, tell me you're here too Yeonjun... - I huffed, slowing my steps to wait for his answer.

- Of course I am! - I sighed abruptly and resumed my pace, still scanning everyone around me. - But not because I took your former actions into consideration. Since when are you on time?

I put the device down, totally ignoring his question. Stepping outside the huge structure, I squinted my eyes from under my glasses. The sun was punishing the top of the clear New York sky in a way I couldn't remember ever seeing before. I swiveled my head around the corridor of cars until I spotted him standing there, leaning against his perfectly maintained and polished classic mustang.

- You're running into a new Mina today. - I whispered close to his ear to get his attention.

Yeonjun gave me his best smile as he locked his eyes on mine and immediately pulled me into a tight hug, dropping the backpacks I was carrying. I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought our bodies as close together as possible without us merging into each other.

We stood there for a while, enjoying the warmth and closeness that we had missed so much. His acid and strong perfume took my nostrils and reminded me of the bad boy air that he carried with him, even if unintentionally. I smiled at the memories and loosened my arms as a sign for us to part. His eyes shone with happiness, as did mine. His long and badly styled hair, the small dimples adorning his smile, his characteristic features remained there.

- We're getting too corny. - I grunted, pushing him lightly.

- What? I haven't seen you for over a year and you're going on about how corny we are? I should hug you and not let go for a month.

I playfully rolled my eyes as he put my things in the trunk of his car.

Yeonjun was still the same since the last time I saw him. The playful cute self he only ever showed to me was still there as if there hadn't been this huge gap of a year between us, as if I hadn't left him without saying a word and without letting him know all this time.

I leaned against the car staring at him and wondering if I deserved this friendship. When I called him on Friday asking for this favor, he didn't hesitate once or barrage me with the questions I know he must have about my sudden departure from New York. He just made sure I was okay and accommodated every request. Who in their right mind would do that? The worst part is that I don't know if in his shoes I would have done the same and that bothered me deeply.